View Poll Results: How many of you use the Weather slot?

Voters
444. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I use it

291 65.54%
  • No I do not need it

153 34.46%
    downloaded this theme and it's awesome.

quick question tho regarding the weatherbug app. when i downloaded this app and put it in the designated spot on the theme it doesn't show the clouds or sun, etc. it just gives me the temp surrounded by a lady bug. so how can i get the cool weather icon that changes with the weather?
    same thing here, using Weather Bug Direct 4.5
    05-18-09 06:06 AM
    same thing here, using Weather Bug Direct 4.5
    Not sure exactly. I don't have a 8900. Try looking for an app called Weather Eye. It works good on my wife's Pearl.
    05-18-09 08:07 AM
    Nice theme..... DLed will check back with as I run it for a while.
    05-18-09 08:13 AM
    Not sure exactly. I don't have a 8900. Try looking for an app called Weather Eye. It works good on my wife's Pearl.
    thx, been also trying another version, since I suspected I got the wrong version, but didn't help.

Also tried weathereye, but it's useless for me. I can find my hometown (Nuernberg, Germany) on their website, but it's unable to find it in the BB application for what reason ever (although it finds some other major german cities like Munich for example)

Besides the weather issue (which is a matter of the application itself, since the problem is the same with every theme) the theme is awesome. I placed the icon for profiles now in the upper right corner, since I'm used to having that from other themes anyway

Greetz,
    kickapoo
    05-18-09 08:15 AM
    I placed the icon for profiles now in the upper right corner, since I'm used to having that from other themes anyway

Greetz,
    kickapoo
    thats just what i did, too!

can�t wait for the blue version, cause i like to have a nice clean overall feeling on my curve and as the media-background always stays blue...

regards

chuckhuber
    05-18-09 08:46 AM
    It would be nice to be able to scroll up to the "weather" icon from any point in the bottom dock.
    05-18-09 08:54 AM
    It would be nice to be able to scroll up to the "weather" icon from any point in the bottom dock.
    I agree here.. As well as scrolling up to the hidden today entries.
    05-18-09 09:14 AM
    I loaded this last night. Great theme, the best one I've used yet. Thanks for the hard work.

One thing to mention. Sometimes I like to switch to signal strength using the alt-nmll command. When I do that, the signal strength font color is black, which is impossible to see. I'm not even sure if that is something that can be addressed in the theme and it's certainly not a deal breaker -- this is an awesome theme.
    Last edited by m4rketsense; 05-18-09 at 09:52 AM.
    05-18-09 09:45 AM
    I agree. I also agree with being able to scroll through the calendar items. Other than those items, I think this is an awesome theme.
    05-18-09 09:58 AM
    I would like a profile shortcut as well....but you cam always change the weather app to profile, so it is not that big of a deal!!
    05-18-09 10:03 AM
    This is one of the best themes I've come across thus far for my 8900.! Awesome theme. I love the Red but cannot wait to see the Blue theme too..

One question can you make just a Calendar Today verison (without the messages)?
    05-18-09 10:22 AM
    This is one of the best themes I've come across thus far for my 8900.! Awesome theme. I love the Red but cannot wait to see the Blue theme too..

One question can you make just a Calendar Today verison (without the messages)?
    I dont think thats possible. If he does a hidden today, the messages are automatically done too.

What needs to be done tho, is to have all the home screen icons point up to the today screen. Then have the today screen point up to profile. This way, it doesnt matter which icon we set for the calendar/messages, they all point up to calendar and will work fine.

Also, Im still hoping the version without the weather icon is posted soon.
    05-18-09 11:38 AM
    I Love This Theme It Is Gorgeous And The Icons Are Awesome I Would Have Payed For This App No Questions Asked
    05-18-09 12:00 PM
    Jeez, another week another theme. I may have to try it later. BerryGreen has been excellent for me, and the Baseball one was cool too. Oh well, can't beat the price.
    05-18-09 12:01 PM
    lol

RULE #1

Never Pay for a Theme

unless you're ballin =)

thebignewt: You tha man. Glad those themes were good to you.
    05-18-09 12:12 PM
    I agree. I also agree with being able to scroll through the calendar items. Other than those items, I think this is an awesome theme.
    funny thing is, that by accident I managed to suddenly scroll through the displayed calendar items

I'm not able to reproduce it every time, but somehow when scrolling fast over the calendar icon (it's on the bottom dock on the right end in my case) and scolling quickly in all directions with the trackball, it suddenly jumps up to the calendar items and I was also able to enter the highlighted item. I agree it would be nice to have that function regularly built in, without having to do 'the tsunami' on the trackball

Greetz,
    kickapoo
    05-18-09 01:42 PM
    Very nice Skin! I want it in pink and blue so mutch )))

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 02:05 PM
    I had this happen to me once.....LOL I thought it was the OS issue. I have not been able to reproduce either

05-18-09 02:10 PM
    I'm thinking of removing the weather slot. How many people need it? I apologize, this is my fist venture into theming other phones. I'm used to the storm.

Poll added
    Last edited by Natemz; 05-18-09 at 02:30 PM.
    05-18-09 02:26 PM
    I am very partial to the weather slot, I personally think all zen themes should have this option!
    05-18-09 02:34 PM
    I dont use the weather lol.. I live in LA, weather is great all the time..

isnt it an easy mod? why cant there be an ota for each version?
    05-18-09 02:43 PM
    I dont use the weather lol.. I live in LA, weather is great all the time..

isnt it an easy mod? why cant there be an ota for each version?
    Yes it is a very easy mod. I was trying not to have to do 2 versions though. If you look at my theme on the Storm forum you will notice that there are 2 versions of each color. 2x5 = 10 versions that I have to keep straight. 8900, 9000 & 9530 with 10 versions each will be 30 versions that I have to manage. That's the main reason I'm trying to not have 2 OTAs. But its looking like that might not be possible.

If there are enough people wanting the weather slot then I will do 2.
    05-18-09 02:50 PM
    I'm thinking of removing the weather slot. How many people need it? I apologize, this is my fist venture into theming other phones. I'm used to the storm.

Poll added
    I love the weather slot personally... a huge factor for me as to downloading it or not. Regardless though, your work is great.
    05-18-09 03:42 PM
    Yes it is a very easy mod. I was trying not to have to do 2 versions though. If you look at my theme on the Storm forum you will notice that there are 2 versions of each color. 2x5 = 10 versions that I have to keep straight. 8900, 9000 & 9530 with 10 versions each will be 30 versions that I have to manage. That's the main reason I'm trying to not have 2 OTAs. But its looking like that might not be possible.

If there are enough people wanting the weather slot then I will do 2.
    AHH.. I see. yeah I could see the maintenance being a pain.

O well, i cant win em all. It seems more people would prefer the weather icon, I might have to add that feature to my themes..
    05-18-09 03:58 PM
    This is a tight theme bruh! Can't wait 2 see what the green theme looks like

05-18-09 04:04 PM
193 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD