Howdy,

Been a Crackberry addict for years - currently on a t-mobile 8900(USA) but have just been lurking around Crackberry for a few weeks.

I never really explored all the apps and am having a blast. Vlingo and Slacker are the 2 apps that I have (other then Google apps) and they are awesome. Just got 123Spoof and it is freakin' hilarious.

I want to get a good theme and am curious what some favorites are and why?

I really like to be able to get see my calendar (or part) on the home screen. Also, maybe a few emails or texts.

Today (I think it is a Blackberry app?) looks pretty comprehensive but seems expensive.

H7 and some others by that developer look good and are cheap......

Any thoughts?

Thx
    03-05-09 08:45 AM
    Just a word of warning, all the themes right now are built with a BETA version of Plazmic....they may cause issues with your phone.

You can check out the themes.....here http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/

My favorite and it is very stable on my device:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/an...dition-168659/
    03-05-09 08:51 AM
    Also ...I would suggest that you DO NOT pay for any themes until they release the full version of plazmic.
    03-05-09 08:54 AM
    The best themes right now are the ones that come on your phone until Plazmic is officially released. Use any other theme at your own risk and do expect bugs and problems with them.
    03-05-09 09:37 AM
    What everyone is saying is true about the beta but if you still want a theme try checking out the combox themes, I have combox 4 and think its absolutely perfect. Its in the theme forum and its free
    03-05-09 12:33 PM
    Just a word of warning, all the themes right now are built with a BETA version of Plazmic....they may cause issues with your phone.

Agreed 100% i love this theme... i thought i like the iberry, but this one is oh so great....
    03-05-09 12:59 PM
    BETA Warning, BETA Warning!!! Just wait... the final version is coming soon... I just wish I knew when.
    03-05-09 01:18 PM
    LOL fatboy..... some people dont learn!!!

Until it happens to them.
    03-05-09 01:30 PM
    I agree w/ Clint, the Android theme is pretty sweet...
    03-05-09 02:56 PM
    Android's nice but I did just go back to the standard theme.

The theme was solid and worked well. I actually was hoping ecruz was going to make the F Series for the 8900 but no such luck.
    03-05-09 05:40 PM

This by far is my favorite theme out right now... and I change the wallpapers to match my outfit daily... You have to "Coordinate".. hehe
    03-05-09 10:56 PM
    i got a question, i only have 2 themes on my phone atm. the one that comes with. when i change it to another one, all the menu and apps changed to default ? how can i change theme without changing all the menu automatically?
    03-05-09 11:47 PM
    You can't, you have to setup the icons manually for each theme the way you want them. Than after that when you switch back to that theme later, it will keep the changes you made.
    03-05-09 11:51 PM
    What everyone is saying is true about the beta but if you still want a theme try checking out the combox themes, I have combox 4 and think its absolutely perfect. Its in the theme forum and its free
    +1
    i love the fact that you dont need to scroll over the calendar to see what your upcoming events are and you can fit two more icon on the top right corner of the screen.
    03-05-09 11:55 PM
    You can't, you have to setup the icons manually for each theme the way you want them. Than after that when you switch back to that theme later, it will keep the changes you made.
    Thanks, aristile!

I am learning something new about bb8900 everyday. LOL

just one more q: if u change theme do u have to change ringtones manually as well ?
    Last edited by hi5-ive; 03-06-09 at 12:23 AM.
    03-06-09 12:05 AM
    i use aristile's theme. its awesome
    03-06-09 12:52 AM
    Right now I'm using the black 8900 theme I found over at pimpmyberry. I have quicklaunch and use the shortcut keys a lot so I don't need a lot of functionality. I just like pretty and this fits the bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 01:22 AM
    I love the android theme too
    03-06-09 01:25 AM
    Thanks everyone for all the advice and info(I didn't know about the fact that many apps are in Beta). Which raises a question, on the App Round Up there are some themes(specifically "Streamline") that are recommended/suggested, I would have never known this was in Beta. I understand that we are ultimately responsible for reading the fine print and downloading any apps is at our own risk. But I am surprised that 123Spoof was given a pretty explicit warning but Streamline was not mentioned as being in Beta(therefore being potentially as potentially harmful)? Maybe I misunderstood.................?

Anyway, I am going to check out everyone's suggestions.

Thanks again............. I thought I might get flamed as a newbie with a stupid question.
    03-06-09 08:41 AM
    All the themes are beta, not all the apps.
    03-06-09 10:45 AM
    Android for some reason prevented Vlingo from working???

CB-2 was OK - lot of icons on home screen as well as calendar and msg preview but just didn't dig that much

iBerry bottom dock - picked this because I like different icons but it doesn't offer what is most important to me - a preview of calendar and msg's on home screen.

I am using CB-4. A few bugs/weird things(all email account icons disappear?) Overall my favorite theme so far................
    03-19-09 08:26 AM
    I'm using Stock with 5 item calendar theme because I like to see my events calendar anytime I have my BB in my hand. It is also one of the only Left to Right scrolling today themes available and it has all the stock icons. It's the best free today theme available IMO.
    Last edited by bassichonda96; 03-19-09 at 09:04 AM.
    03-19-09 09:02 AM

CB-2 was OK - lot of icons on home screen as well as calendar and msg preview but just didn't dig that much

iBerry bottom dock - picked this because I like different icons but it doesn't offer what is most important to me - a preview of calendar and msg's on home screen.

I am using CB-4. A few bugs/weird things(all email account icons disappear?) Overall my favorite theme so far................
    I have the Android theme and Vlingo works for me!!

What is the issue?
    03-19-09 09:21 AM
    8900 cipher sidebar extreme v1.01
    This shows your contacts icon in top right, your messages and calander in middle, and on the left it shows 5 of your icons but you can scroll down showing 10 more for a total of 15. It scrolls through them smoothly like widgets on samsung behold, memoir, etc. Also all icons are as they were on the 8900's preloaded themes.
    03-19-09 10:29 AM

WHY DO PEOPLE USE THE IBERRY THEME... on blackberrys...... then some of them make fun of the iphone..... kettle meet pot, pot meet kettle....
    03-19-09 12:25 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD