Hey Yall, I was wondering what your favorite FREE today theme is? I've been having a hard time finding one that I really like.... I was using Combox V3 theme (Free BlackBerry 8900 Themes Recommend | Phones Online) but that was causing my phone to REALLY slow down to the point where I had to hard reset (which in turn caused me to need my service books resent each time I did a battery pull).

So anyway, whats your input?

Thanks!
    08-13-09 09:08 PM
    I have some themes that are free and are my favorites as well.

The 3G Theme http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/3g...eather-272944/

the iberry theme Free iBerry Bottom Dock Theme - BlackBerry Curve 8900 - Gemblock

And the Sodaberry theme http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/so...eather-276814/
    08-13-09 09:39 PM
    neu8900 by ninja themes
    08-13-09 09:42 PM
    I also forgot Tweetme also by Ninja Themes
    08-13-09 09:54 PM
    This one is my favorite i would post the link for you but i only have 6 posts so i guess i cant post links yet lol Just go to 8900 themes it's in there .
    08-13-09 10:13 PM
    08-13-09 10:15 PM
    Hey Yall, I was wondering what your favorite FREE today theme is?
    For a regular (i.e., non-hidden) TODAY theme, my long-time favorite for the 8900 is Dylan's Stock Weather Today:

Dylan's FREE Blackberry Themes: Curve 8900 Theme: Stock Weather Today

I understand that dannieloco is working on a non-hidden today version of Blackberry Bliss, and when that's done, I bet it will be great.
    08-13-09 10:34 PM
    Blackberry bliss is also a nice free today theme .
    08-13-09 10:35 PM
    Dannieloco's BerryGreen V2 -- spectacular, and great also with alternate wallpapers. Great attention to detail. Very nice.
    08-14-09 12:50 AM
    Does anyone besides me make the distinction that a TODAY or TODAY PLUS theme is non-hidden (i.e., message/calendar entried appear on the home screen no matter what icon is in focus) -- which is somewhat different from a HIDDEN TODAY theme?

For the 8900, it seems like there are a lot of very nice HIDDEN TODAY themes (like those of dannieloco), but not nearly as many regular TODAY or TODAY PLUS themes.
    08-14-09 07:37 AM
    Does anyone besides me make the distinction that a TODAY or TODAY PLUS theme is non-hidden (i.e., message/calendar entried appear on the home screen no matter what icon is in focus) -- which is somewhat different from a HIDDEN TODAY theme?

For the 8900, it seems like there are a lot of very nice HIDDEN TODAY themes (like those of dannieloco), but not nearly as many regular TODAY or TODAY PLUS themes.
    Yeah, I know what you mean - I didn't respond to the OP because I could have told her about a LOT of good, free HIDDEN today themes by kscrum, waldog, emarsha, ashabees, mrtolles, c_is_for_crackberry, dannieloco etc. but I read that she was looking for TODAY themes.

I personally like the hidden today - I don't want everyone reading what I have on my calendar by just looking on my phone but I know there are a lot of TODAY and TODAY PLUS themes out there....look at the older posts on PMB or PS.
    08-14-09 09:51 AM
    My favorite at this time is blackberry bliss!
    08-14-09 10:13 AM
    I'm using Mickey Mouse from coolblackberrythemes.com. They have a lot of free themes to choose from.
    08-14-09 10:34 AM
    3G Navi by redzapper is fantastic....highly recommended
    08-19-09 12:18 PM
    Kscrum's Voyage or On The Grind.
    Waldog's Energy or Pro Bono.
    Jas0ns puresound or pure system
    emarsha's Simplicio
    ashabees Black & Gray Professional
    c_is_for_crackberry's Full screen theme
    ANYTHING by mrtolles! lmao!
    Last edited by mrtolles; 08-19-09 at 12:39 PM.
    08-19-09 12:32 PM
    i downloaded "Dylan's stock weather theme" per above recommendation, because I really wanted the non-hidden today stuff. I have it downloaded, but the events are not listing under "calendar". Do you have any idea what I need to do to activate it? Thank you very much!

Tommy
    09-03-09 05:36 AM
    i downloaded "Dylan's stock weather theme" per above recommendation, because I really wanted the non-hidden today stuff. I have it downloaded, but the events are not listing under "calendar". Do you have any idea what I need to do to activate it? Thank you very much!
    Tommy,

Forgive me if this a stupid question, but if you into the calendar app, do you see actual entries on your calendar in the near future? If you create a brand new appointment on your calendar for later today, does it then appear on the Today screen?

Have you tried a battery-pull?

--Jon
    09-03-09 07:06 AM
    I had used Blackberry Bliss until I ran across Blackberry Pro v.3 great layout and easy to use, and lots of options without the clutter
    09-03-09 08:39 AM
    so far i have found that i can delete the email links in the settings, and will get the calendar showing the next two appts on the face. but then i dont receive emails. when i put the emails back on, i dont have the next two events showing. i cant figure out (yet) out to have the best of both worlds.

I basically want to check my emails by my BB as well as have the calendar on the face, with the next couple of appts showing underneath its heading. That is the million dollar problem!
    09-05-09 12:33 AM
    oh and i did not add a new appts to see what that did, but i did confirm that all my appts were already listed in there, just not showing on the main screen.
    09-05-09 12:34 AM
    Try ComBox 4.. It's super sharp, with bouncing icons on the homescreen!
    09-05-09 02:37 AM
    iberry bottom dock
    09-06-09 05:11 PM
    Cool beans..thanks for the direction.
    09-08-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD