Heres my latest theme I've been working on.

I've had a few testers for this theme so I think that most of the bugs have been worked out.
    The only problem with the theme might be with BBM 5.0, the call screen wallpaper, and font size.
    But I do not have any trouble with any of those things sooo im not sure.

anyways, here we go.. BerrySpectrum

[Updates]
    10/25/09
    Now available at the crackberry store - BerrySpectrum
    10/18/09
    - I am now making this theme a premium theme
    Over the past year or so that I have been making themes, this one will be my first Paid theme, due to lack of donations (ive had 0)
    I've had over 300 downloads for the last 3 themes I put out the other day, with minimal response..
    As of right now, I do not feel like contributing anymore free themes to people who are unappreciative.
    10/16/09
    - added links

Now available at the crackberry store ! - BerrySpectrum
    Last edited by antonskraze; 10-25-09 at 03:11 AM.
    10-17-09 12:27 AM
    This one I really like. Great colors and icons...nice and girly! Thanks a lot

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 10:02 AM
    got an error on the ota
    10-18-09 02:58 PM
    nice themes man, mini black n blue rock, others are a lil to feminine as roxy said.. thanks man.
    10-18-09 09:48 PM
    Anton, I understand your frustration with putting so much effort into something and not getting anything for it (except appreciation and you can't spend appreciation anywhere). This theme looks great though, keep us posted on where we can get now that it's premium. Thanks.
    10-19-09 02:30 PM
    Having downloaded many many free themes from this forum and others I can give some perspective on the difference between free and premium themes. I have donated to persons whose themes I have used, but only after I've used more than one. IMO premium themes must have a unique homescreen layout to set them apart from Zen and other stock setups. The icon sets are available many places and of course we all get tons of free wallpaper all over the planet. Mr. Tolles' Voyager is a good example of what I think a premium theme should offer (it's still offered here free on one of the pages). Just my .02.
    10-19-09 04:16 PM
    i wouldn't donate for your theme it's blah

you really didn't do anything special looks like a 9 year old designed it honnestly....
    10-19-09 07:13 PM
    i wouldn't donate for your theme it's blah

you really didn't do anything special looks like a 9 year old designed it honnestly....
    That is just a really cheap, unnecessary shot. Antonskraze did a nice job on this theme. It's very professional and well-designed, and very aesthetically pleasing.

If you don't want to buy a theme, don't buy it. If you don't want to donate, don't donate. However, you don't have to tear down someone else's work like that.

As memory serves, I think I saw this theme was Crackberry's Theme of the Week for the 8900. I'm guessing the collective wisdom is this theme is not too shabby.
    10-19-09 08:29 PM
    That is just a really cheap, unnecessary shot. Antonskraze did a nice job on this theme. It's very professional and well-designed, and very aesthetically pleasing.

If you don't want to buy a theme, don't buy it. If you don't want to donate, don't donate. However, you don't have to tear down someone else's work like that.

As memory serves, I think I saw this theme was Crackberry's Theme of the Week for the 8900. I'm guessing the collective wisdom is this theme is not too shabby.

thanks a lot for that =]

I actually didnt even know it was a theme of the week haha..

I dunno if you still use the theme or anything, but I've updated it a little bit to fix a few things.
    I fixed the notification icon area to show more than just 1 notification, fixed some icons for BBM sent/received or whatever, some font issues, also added a weather slot on the today screen, and a few other things I think

let me know if you want to try the updated version

thanks for testing it when I first posted it up =]
    10-19-09 11:03 PM
    Having downloaded many many free themes from this forum and others I can give some perspective on the difference between free and premium themes. I have donated to persons whose themes I have used, but only after I've used more than one. IMO premium themes must have a unique homescreen layout to set them apart from Zen and other stock setups. The icon sets are available many places and of course we all get tons of free wallpaper all over the planet. Mr. Tolles' Voyager is a good example of what I think a premium theme should offer (it's still offered here free on one of the pages). Just my .02.
    +1
    I am not paying for any theme that is just a re-color of a stock theme. Icons are stock, only thing that is different is the walls and caller screen.

10-20-09 06:39 AM
    Sorry if you feel that way bro

Funny how it seems easier for people to try and talk down to someone for making themes for people and wanting it free, than it is to just say thanks

The theme had like 250 downloads in a day and a half, and I only saw a handful of thank you posts. But now there's more hate posts than the thank you ones. (Over exaggeration)

10-20-09 10:56 AM
    I think it's a good theme, attactive icons, well laid out. This is a very unusual forum (the 8900 theme CB one). For a few months there were so many free excellent 8900 themes going up it was amazing. There were 8-10 people each submitting a theme every couple of days trying to top each other it seemed like. I can only rationalize about 15 themes on my phone at a time and I was looking at 3 a day sometimes. People who know me wondered what I was smoking! So for me premium themes went bye-bye. Many of those folks refused donations too. Like I said very unusual activity for a few months.
    10-20-09 01:45 PM
    yea I understand all that, and this will probably be the only theme that I even consider putting for sale.

I mean all I really would like is for people to take a minute of their time to say how they feel about a theme.

I used to even release all my .thm files for everyone so they could edit them however they liked, I dont really care about donations. But I am going to try something different this time
    10-20-09 02:22 PM
    Alright, finally got around to adding the crackberry store link to the post, for anyone wanting to check it out..
    10-25-09 03:12 AM
    Okay very good A+ on adding the link now can you edit your title to say Premium? Thank you.

11-07-09 11:35 AM
    it wont do any good to edit the title, I already did edit it to take out the 'free'
    but it wont show up on the main thread
    11-07-09 02:15 PM
    I don't have anything to contribute other than I think it's a semantic based argument.

I always thought people release free themes because they want to share their work...a donation means that something people freely want to contribute, not obligated to. Does not mean we don't appreciate your work. A donation should be movitation to produce more free work, but I don't think anyone should *expect* a donation. Keep in mind you're competing with many other theme builders who also have a donation button.

If you are expecting a donation, then you should ask yourself why you're creating themes in the first place. I guess you already did that which is why you've decided to make it premium. In that case, this is a good route for you. Now it really shifts to the consumer: if you don't like it, don't buy it. Simple.

11-07-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD