I joined this site just so I could comment on your theme! I LOVE IT. I really love the icons! So far they are the best I've seen yet.
    Me too!!

Love the theme - it's what I would use on ANY of my previous phones, though I'm new to BB.

It would be cool to be able to have 2 lines of icons on the home screen. I know many people may not want that, maybe it could be an option though? Is that possible with V1 or is it just a simple setting change?

Oh, and I love the theme!!
    08-06-09 03:13 PM
    Me too!!

Love the theme - it's what I would use on ANY of my previous phones, though I'm new to BB.

It would be cool to be able to have 2 lines of icons on the home screen. I know many people may not want that, maybe it could be an option though? Is that possible with V1 or is it just a simple setting change?

Oh, and I love the theme!!
    hey, that option might be available for v2 of berrygreen. Not sure if I'll do that to this version of BG.

Glad you like the theme! feedback is appreciated..
    08-06-09 03:27 PM
    I love this theme, I can't wait until BerryGreen 2.0
    08-09-09 10:25 AM
    I love this theme so much..Well done and thank you for sharing.
    08-09-09 11:17 AM
    thanks for the clean and simple theme! awesome job
    08-11-09 12:23 AM
    I've been using BerryGreen ever since the weather slot / hidden today version came out, and it's been my favorite to date. Combination of simplicity, great icons, large (and well chosen) font for the clock (so I can glance at the time easily), and well chosen wallpaper. I've tried switching off to other themes since installing it, and keep coming back to BerryGreen -- pleasing and very usable.

I also tried a number of my other favorite wallpapers, but kept coming back to the original. Last night, though, I finally found another one that I like with the theme also. Seems to have the right degree of darkness so the icons "pop" nicely in contrast with it, and yet have enough highlights to be eye-catching.

Makes BerryGreen even more versatile for me!
    08-11-09 09:17 AM
    I've been using BerryGreen ever since the weather slot / hidden today version came out, and it's been my favorite to date. Combination of simplicity, great icons, large (and well chosen) font for the clock (so I can glance at the time easily), and well chosen wallpaper. I've tried switching off to other themes since installing it, and keep coming back to BerryGreen -- pleasing and very usable.

I also tried a number of my other favorite wallpapers, but kept coming back to the original. Last night, though, I finally found another one that I like with the theme also. Seems to have the right degree of darkness so the icons "pop" nicely in contrast with it, and yet have enough highlights to be eye-catching.

Makes BerryGreen even more versatile for me!
    Thanks for the share! I love changing my wallpapers so if you can post the wallpaper that'd be great! thanks
    08-16-09 04:58 PM
    how do i download them???
    08-16-09 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the share! I love changing my wallpapers so if you can post the wallpaper that'd be great! thanks
    Here you go (BTW: got this from another poster's thread on another forum, and I'd like to make sure he gets credit for this. A few have contributed on the thread, and it's been a fantastic source of wallpapers for me). Two images below -- my 8900 with BerryGreen V2 and my alternate desktop image, and the image itself for your use.

Thanks again for the theme -- still my favorite!
    08-16-09 10:07 PM
    To download the theme u need to use ur bb browser and click on the ota link then go to options/theme and scroll til u find it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 10:16 PM
    Ever thought about reading or searching just a little? Two threads you started on SMS and now a question that has been asked daily for the last year. You have a new powerful device. It would be wise to read up on things and learn about it.
    08-19-09 10:37 PM
    nice theme
    08-20-09 01:19 AM
    Great theme thank you! Just got my 8900 and this was my first theme I picked.

One question, I downloaded the "weather icon w/hidden today" and in place of the weather in the upper left it's showing the twitter app. I have weather eye and it's working fine but how to I get it to show up in place of the twitter app?

Thanks for your work on this theme.
    08-20-09 06:19 AM
    Great theme thank you! Just got my 8900 and this was my first theme I picked.

One question, I downloaded the "weather icon w/hidden today" and in place of the weather in the upper left it's showing the twitter app. I have weather eye and it's working fine but how to I get it to show up in place of the twitter app?

Thanks for your work on this theme.
    The "weather slot" for an application icon on the home/today screen simply shows whatever icon is in the 7th position on the "Application" screen (the one with all the icons in 3 rows). The 7th icon (1st icon on the left in row two) must be your weather app if you want it to show up in the "weather icon slot" on the home/today page. (BTW: this is dependent on the theme designer -- not a universal rule).

Rearranging icons on the application page is pretty basic. In case you don't know, however, all you do is roll the trackball to select an icon, pretty the menu button (to the left of the trackball) and select "move". The icon will be highlighted and the caption at the bottom of the screen shows that you are moving the icon. Now when you roll the trackball, you are moving the icon to a different position on the screen, and the other icons move out of the way. (you can also create additional folders, move icons into folders, "hide" icons that you don't use, and either "show all" (which shows even hidden icons) or not "show all" (leaving hidden icons hidden). The "move" function is what you use to arrange your icons so that the weather app is leftmost spot on row two of the icons on your application screen.
    08-20-09 10:17 AM
    Thanks vinmonthRD !!!!!!!
    08-20-09 11:34 AM
    I notice that some people have a weather symbol (sun/clouds/rain/snow) for their weather eye. Mine is in the seventh slot and does show the temperature, but that's it. I had re-installed it once and the different graphic images showed up OK, but when I turned on the BerryGreen theme, the icon went back to the "regular" blue weather eye icon.
    08-20-09 12:13 PM
    Thanks vinmonthRD !!!!!!!
    No problem - glad to help! That's what this community is all about...
    08-20-09 12:39 PM
    I don't understand why it is showing my Sent SMS messages instead of my incoming SMS messages?? Anyone else have this too??

08-20-09 12:52 PM
    I don't understand why it is showing my Sent SMS messages instead of my incoming SMS messages?? Anyone else have this too??

where? can u explain a bit more? and have you tried restarting your phone/doing a battery pull?
    08-20-09 08:04 PM
    where? can u explain a bit more? and have you tried restarting your phone/doing a battery pull?
    This is one the homescreen. I have messages set to the first icon and sms to the second. I am getting this with both thos theme and Blackberrybliss as well. When I underscore sms, I'm getting sent instead of received! I have reset numerous times but not an actual batt pull. I have the latest versions, they were downloaded this morning.

08-20-09 08:27 PM
    This is one the homescreen. I have messages set to the first icon and sms to the second. I am getting this with both thos theme and Blackberrybliss as well. When I underscore sms, I'm getting sent instead of received! I have reset numerous times but not an actual batt pull. I have the latest versions, they were downloaded this morning.

can u post a screen shot? the them has been working as it should with me and the only think I could recommend is doing a battery pull.. Theme should be working appropriately.
    08-20-09 11:36 PM
    can u post a screen shot? the them has been working as it should with me and the only think I could recommend is doing a battery pull.. Theme should be working appropriately.
    Ok, where can I send the screenshot to, don't want a public post of my SMS?

Also, have done batt pull and no change. I have now deleted completely, then batt pull, redownload... Same issue!

08-21-09 09:23 AM
    You can put it up on photobucket and swirl out any info you dont want shown.
    08-21-09 09:46 AM
    D the non hidden today is that .... msg/today on home screen ?
    08-21-09 10:20 AM
    D the non hidden today is that .... msg/today on home screen ?
    yah, its similar to the screen shot.. there is a msg and calendar.

view the original post for a screen shot
    08-21-09 10:56 AM
604 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD