The theme is absolutely gorgeous, however, I too find that the fonts and the icons are rather large..

Fantastic job nonetheless!

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but when I'm in BBM, the 'Received x:xx PM' is slightly cutoff by the border of the black box surrounding the name of the person and timestamp.
    ^this is a pic i took of what i was trying to explain..hope it helps

04-21-09 11:23 PM
    I don't get why people want Blackberrys to look like iPhones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This looks nothing like the iPhone.

Very nice theme hastings! Simple and elegant. Thanks!
    04-22-09 08:47 AM
    @ marcster

Assuming you don't change the theme style, that is, you download and always use one specific version of AppleBerry then you won't have to worry about reordering your icons. But if you switch between Classic and Glass, and Calendar/Non-Calendar versions you will have to reorder your icons.

Also I'll investigate the cut off wording in BBM ASAP, this doesn't happen on my test Curve which is strange, but I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.

@ polofreaks

The theme shouldn't be having any effect on your battery. I find a lot of people find their battery drains faster with themes but often times this is simply because they're looking at the screen all day admiring the new theme. =P You can try and revert back to the default theme and see if this fixes the problem, but regardless I'll look into it. Also try reinstalling the theme as well.

@ dannieloco

I'm always working on new projects, but right now I'm focusing on getting the Curve 8900 version 100%, then I'm going to spend a few weeks porting it over to the 83XX and Bold. Right now I'm just trying to get through 9 days of exams, so once that's over and done with you can expect a lot more from me.
    04-22-09 10:09 AM
    I'm glad you're all enjoying it. Sorry if I'm not as active as I should be, I released this theme in the middle of exam season and once I'm finished up next Tuesday you can expect better support and more updates.

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-22-09 10:10 AM
    @ marcster

Assuming you don't change the theme style, that is, you download and always use one specific version of AppleBerry then you won't have to worry about reordering your icons. But if you switch between Classic and Glass, and Calendar/Non-Calendar versions you will have to reorder your icons.

Also I'll investigate the cut off wording in BBM ASAP, this doesn't happen on my test Curve which is strange, but I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.

@ polofreaks

The theme shouldn't be having any effect on your battery. I find a lot of people find their battery drains faster with themes but often times this is simply because they're looking at the screen all day admiring the new theme. =P You can try and revert back to the default theme and see if this fixes the problem, but regardless I'll look into it. Also try reinstalling the theme as well.

@ dannieloco

I'm always working on new projects, but right now I'm focusing on getting the Curve 8900 version 100%, then I'm going to spend a few weeks porting it over to the 83XX and Bold. Right now I'm just trying to get through 9 days of exams, so once that's over and done with you can expect a lot more from me.
    thank you..good luck on exams!
    04-22-09 12:07 PM
    ^this is a pic i took of what i was trying to explain..hope it helps

weird...my font is way smaller and I dont have any text cut off issues in BBM as you showed.
    what is your text set to in ur screen/keyboard settings???
    04-22-09 02:56 PM
    Hahaha, Incoming Call: Steve Jobs. Very nice theme
    04-22-09 03:51 PM
    I just purchased the theme (love the theme btw) and my message won't show on my home screen. Does my message icon have to be in a certain spot or order for my text message and im's to show on homescreen?
    04-22-09 05:16 PM
    Make sure you're accessing you inbox for SMS and MMS. There are differrent icons that take you to difference inboxes. The "new message" icon should appear regardless. Have you tried a battery pull?
    04-22-09 05:19 PM
    I'm glad you're all enjoying it. Sorry if I'm not as active as I should be, I released this theme in the middle of exam season and once I'm finished up next Tuesday you can expect better support and more updates.

Cheers,

Andrew
    LOL.. I know the feeling. I just finished my 4th exam this week and my 2nd today (IT Process Management and Linux) so much fun.

I noticed that when calling someone who has a Picture ID it is not lined up properly with the bar for the information.
    04-22-09 05:46 PM
    weird...my font is way smaller and I dont have any text cut off issues in BBM as you showed.
    what is your text set to in ur screen/keyboard settings???
    strange...thing is I wish my font was smaller..I find the fonts in my contact list/SMS and MMS too large for my liking..

My font size is set to BBAlpha Sans 7 Plain

I'm on 8900/4.6.1.206.

I have tried rebooting the device to see if anything changed. I also bought the Appleberry Glass version today to see if it was any different but same thing.. *shrug*

Also noticed another issue, in options->status I find that the text to the right of the screen is ever so slightly cutoff which makes it somewhat unreadable.

Aside from these minor issues, i love the theme..so simple and clean
    04-22-09 05:58 PM
    LOL.. I know the feeling. I just finished my 4th exam this week and my 2nd today (IT Process Management and Linux) so much fun.

I noticed that when calling someone who has a Picture ID it is not lined up properly with the bar for the information.
    wow lotsa toronto people in here..

graduated not too long ago from u of t....not missing studying/exams at all
    04-22-09 06:05 PM
    Make sure you're accessing you inbox for SMS and MMS. There are differrent icons that take you to difference inboxes. The "new message" icon should appear regardless. Have you tried a battery pull?
    thanks...i keep forgetting to do the battery pull..
    04-22-09 06:33 PM

Hmm...do all your call screens look like that? I tested it pretty rigorously to make sure that didn't happen, but obviously something is causing it.

PS - What school do you go to? I go to Ryerson for Business.

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-22-09 07:27 PM

yeah i said this earlier in the thread, this happens to me too when i use the speed dial function.
    04-22-09 07:37 PM
    yeah i said this earlier in the thread, this happens to me too when i use the speed dial function.
    Does it render properly when that same person calls you? I'm just trying to understand the circumstances surrounding the problem so I can try and fix it.

Cheers
    04-22-09 07:48 PM
    Does it render properly when that same person calls you? I'm just trying to understand the circumstances surrounding the problem so I can try and fix it.

Cheers
    when someone calls it happens occasionally. But it seems to happen all the time when I call someone especially when I use speed dial.

thanks for all the help.
    04-22-09 08:52 PM
    Hmm...do all your call screens look like that? I tested it pretty rigorously to make sure that didn't happen, but obviously something is causing it.

PS - What school do you go to? I go to Ryerson for Business.

Cheers,

Andrew
    I go to Sheridan. Not sure if you got my pm from yesterday

It happens with all my calls that have picture ID. I tried speed dialing and regular dialing. I also had the contacts phone me and it was still offset. Some are more offset than others, but they are all offset to the top of the bar.
    04-22-09 10:00 PM
    strange...thing is I wish my font was smaller..I find the fonts in my contact list/SMS and MMS too large for my liking..

My font size is set to BBAlpha Sans 7 Plain

I'm on 8900/4.6.1.206.

I have tried rebooting the device to see if anything changed. I also bought the Appleberry Glass version today to see if it was any different but same thing.. *shrug*

Also noticed another issue, in options->status I find that the text to the right of the screen is ever so slightly cutoff which makes it somewhat unreadable.

Aside from these minor issues, i love the theme..so simple and clean
    the only difference with my text is that its set to 9 but is way smaller than what you were showing in your picture....
    here's what mine is looking like... i dont have any issues with the text being cut off
    Attachment 22434

Attachment 22435
    04-22-09 10:41 PM
    and I'm running 4.6.1.94 official OS
    04-23-09 12:26 AM
    the only difference with my text is that its set to 9 but is way smaller than what you were showing in your picture....
    here's what mine is looking like... i dont have any issues with the text being cut off
    Attachment 22434

Attachment 22435
    yeah yours looks fine..

Which version are you using, not sure whether that makes a difference?

I'm using AppleBerry Glass Non-Weather Without Today Area (com_plazmic_theme_AppleBerryGlass.jad)

Or perhaps it's because we're using diff OS versions?

I have no clueeeeeeeee
    04-23-09 12:49 AM
    yeah yours looks fine..

Which version are you using, not sure whether that makes a difference?

I'm using AppleBerry Glass Non-Weather Without Today Area (com_plazmic_theme_AppleBerryGlass.jad)

Or perhaps it's because we're using diff OS versions?

I have no clueeeeeeeee
    lol...probably due to the OS
    im running appleberry glass weather w/ today
    but ive tested all versions and no issues for me
    04-23-09 01:48 AM
    I also noticed that in your screenshot of the status screen, everything isn't aligned properly, whereas mine is although everything is slightly cut off..

anyhow i wont lose sleep over it lol
    04-23-09 01:53 AM
    So now that I have the free version, what does the pay version offer that the free one doesn't?
    04-23-09 07:39 AM
    i would like to buy this theme, but i do have a request...why don't you do a ver that shows the Messages Calendar and Weather without selecting the appropiate icon?
    04-23-09 08:42 AM
207 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD