Hey Philip,

Any chance you could take some screenshots for me and email them to ahasting at ryerson dot ca.

I'd be willing to send you the entire theme suite in return for your help.

I'm always looking for bugs to squash, so I'd really appreciate the help!

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-20-09 09:25 AM
    heya hastings
    I will try get the screenies put up asap
    will take a about half an hour or so

there u go the screenies

Red circles are the things i mentioned ie the misaligned white lines, GPRS clustered to GP..., also the misalignment of the OK button in weather eye.

the pictures show up not as well on white blackgrounds, i would recommend u view the pix with black colour surrounding the pix as it shows up better!

i have "black squared" all the names

for the status screenie, the informations are misaligned.

as for the blue circle on the home page screeny, i was just wondering if the service provider name + connections can be displayed here? or even if displayed in the top white bar in black alphebetes?

Also, something that i cannot screenie,

the rainbow circle (when in progress, it shows up and rotates thing) there is a fizzled white line that surrounds the rotating circle (i cant screenshot this...)
    ta my friend!

pm me if u need more screenies
    Last edited by philiptw; 04-20-09 at 10:00 AM. Reason: screenies
    04-20-09 09:31 AM
    heya hastings
    I will try get the screenies put up asap
    will take a about half an hour or so

there u go the screenies

Red circles are the things i mentioned ie the misaligned white lines, GPRS clustered to GP..., also the misalignment of the OK button in weather eye.

the pictures show up not as well on white blackgrounds, i would recommend u view the pix with black colour surrounding the pix as it shows up better!

i have "black squared" all the names

for the status screenie, the informations are misaligned.

as for the blue circle on the home page screeny, i was just wondering if the service provider name + connections can be displayed here? or even if displayed in the top white bar in black alphebetes?

Also, something that i cannot screenie,

the rainbow circle (when in progress, it shows up and rotates thing) there is a fizzled white line that surrounds the rotating circle (i cant screenshot this...)
    ta my friend!

pm me if u need more screenies
    Great post. I'll investigate the majority of these things in the coming days and issue a free update to everybody.

Cheers,

Andrew
    04-20-09 10:14 AM
    thanks to u on behalf of all lovers of ur theme...!
    will wait patiently
    04-20-09 10:16 AM
    just a fyi, when on the call screen on appleberry classic. The clock, date, signal, ect. disappears and shows the wallpaper
    04-20-09 11:30 AM
    Just a sidenote,
    when using Glass version,
    If u put "messages" in the right handside row,
    it doesnt show a notification if there was a new email.
    I think it works only if u put it to the bottom row.

not a major problem for me tho

also,
    when making a call, the wallpaper is cropped like in the picture.
    Last edited by philiptw; 04-20-09 at 11:57 AM.
    04-20-09 11:34 AM
    But Once you get the "new theme" bugs worked out. I would love to see, and test this on my 8220 Flipper. I beat the **** out of my phone, and use it for damn near everything.

If yes, I would love to stay updated on this. Just drop me a PM.

Thanks,

~maddmaxx308
    04-20-09 11:38 AM
    Andrew glad to see this is becoming popular on the 8900! Don't know if you had gotte my email but I had traded mine for a bold(look foward to the port) I missed out on glass! See ya around!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 12:22 PM
    Amazing job Andrew!!! Absolutely love this theme!!! Best one out there BY FAR!!!!!
    04-20-09 12:24 PM
    just a fyi, when on the call screen on appleberry classic. The clock, date, signal, ect. disappears and shows the wallpaper
    that's an OS issue...unfortunately....was happening to me too, even using the stock theme.
    hopefully this will be fixed on the next OS release
    04-20-09 12:25 PM
    that's an OS issue...unfortunately....was happening to me too, even using the stock theme.
    hopefully this will be fixed on the next OS release
    im running .114 (waiting for official 5.0) but my stock themes are fine. Its a minor issue so I'm not too worried.
    04-20-09 12:41 PM
    im running .114 (waiting for official 5.0) but my stock themes are fine. Its a minor issue so I'm not too worried.
    yeah...thats what i figured too....minor issue..no big deal
    04-20-09 02:18 PM
    No issues on the free version over here.....

04-20-09 04:08 PM
    Great looking theme!

What common mistakes do I see: Alignment issues (especially in today themes) and a missing common theme in each screen. On this one I have to say I don't care for the mouse usage on the applications screen when an icon is not present in the pages that can't be edited from Plazmic.

What would I like to see done: Icons and font A LOT smaller! I maybe the only one around that likes my font about a 7 (which equals about a 20 I believe in Plazmic).

File size: No issue anymore with the 8900 as long as it runs without hesitation. On my curve it was about 400kb.

Great theme though.
    04-20-09 04:19 PM
    The theme is absolutely gorgeous, however, I too find that the fonts and the icons are rather large..

Fantastic job nonetheless!

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but when I'm in BBM, the 'Received x:xx PM' is slightly cutoff by the border of the black box surrounding the name of the person and timestamp.
    04-20-09 05:47 PM
    Try going straight through Mobihand:

AppleBerry Theme Suite - Themes Blackberry Software
    Hi,
    I just bought your theme and was wondering how I could get the icon back to how it was before. I wanted to rename a folder called "setup" to "wifi" and when I went to save, the icon changed to some random icon that I dont really like. It seems like an OEM folder icon. I went back in to edit the folder options and after choosing each of the folder icons and testing them out they all seem to be the same.

Essentially, what Im looking for again, is the icons that glow a little bit when the arrow is selecting it. Normally the icons will glow a bit more or even change to a more pale - these are the features I'm wanting back. The icons that are available for choosing do not exhibit these features. When the arrow is over the folder, the folder remains unchanged and it looks very lame since all the other icons are animated.

I hope there's a way to reset this to the icon that came with your theme.. I just reinstalled it (selected the oem theme, began the download of the appleberry theme and installed, then restarted the phone and selected the appleberry theme again) and nothing.

Hope there's help out here
    Last edited by dannieloco; 04-21-09 at 12:08 AM.
    04-20-09 09:50 PM
    hastings,

I've downloaded and tried the free AppleBerryClassic.

First - tremendous job. The icons look fabulous - very nice detail. I also like the fonts you have used for the menus. The dock with the bounce and black triangle are well done. IMO it's one of the best looking themes around - very easy on my eyes.

I did have a couple of other comments which are more of a style/personal like nature. You can see some of my preferences with my iPhone inspired 8900 theme (in a thread in this forum - I won't link here in your thread).
    1. I would overlay the WiFi and Edge signal meters - they aren't displayed at the same time and that makes for one area for signal strength.
    2. I would increase the size of the Edge/UMA text - it's a bit small for me.
    3. I prefer to not have the profile icon in the header. I use the left side convenience key to call it up and it simplifies dock navigation if you're not sometimes navigated up to the header.
    4. In my theme I moved as much as possible to the "menu bar" area and made a "menu bar" area only header for the application screen
    5. If you do look at my theme you will see that I've also changed the message icons, the phone icons, and the unread message icons. With your talent I would love to see you try those as well.

Thanks so much for your effort. I expect you will have a ton of interest in your theme pack.

SMF
    04-21-09 10:07 AM
    Hi,
    I just bought your theme and was wondering how I could get the icon back to how it was before. I wanted to rename a folder called "setup" to "wifi" and when I went to save, the icon changed to some random icon that I dont really like. It seems like an OEM folder icon. I went back in to edit the folder options and after choosing each of the folder icons and testing them out they all seem to be the same.

Essentially, what Im looking for again, is the icons that glow a little bit when the arrow is selecting it. Normally the icons will glow a bit more or even change to a more pale - these are the features I'm wanting back. The icons that are available for choosing do not exhibit these features. When the arrow is over the folder, the folder remains unchanged and it looks very lame since all the other icons are animated.

I hope there's a way to reset this to the icon that came with your theme.. I just reinstalled it (selected the oem theme, began the download of the appleberry theme and installed, then restarted the phone and selected the appleberry theme again) and nothing.

Hope there's help out here
    Update: I fixed it by right click on "appleberry glass" and hitting reset theme defaults. Everything went back to the stock theme settings.
    04-21-09 11:56 AM
    Update: I fixed it by right click on "appleberry glass" and hitting reset theme defaults. Everything went back to the stock theme settings.
    Glad you got that sorted out! I didn't even know you could reset theme defaults like that, thanks for sharing.
    04-21-09 05:39 PM
    I've just written down a ton of comments from this thread and also some that I've received via. email, so I'm going to try and make some improvements.

I've issued a silent update that fixes the text by the signal indicator being cut off, you can just redownload the theme using the same links if you haven't already done so. (it was changed yesterday at around 5 pm, the version number hasn't changed)

As for font sizes, it's a tough call. Already in this thread I've had people who want it bigger and smaller, so obviously that creates some problems. (=

The icons are going to stay the same size, AppleBerry has larger icons and always will, many people prefer their themes this way. That being said, I obviously understand that some people prefer smaller icons (I do sometimes), so maybe in the future I'll create a spinoff with smaller icons.
    04-21-09 05:43 PM
    I downlaoded this theme and I have to say I'm impressed! Keep up the good work hastings.
    04-21-09 06:10 PM
    I've just written down a ton of comments from this thread and also some that I've received via. email, so I'm going to try and make some improvements.

I've issued a silent update that fixes the text by the signal indicator being cut off, you can just redownload the theme using the same links if you haven't already done so. (it was changed yesterday at around 5 pm, the version number hasn't changed)

As for font sizes, it's a tough call. Already in this thread I've had people who want it bigger and smaller, so obviously that creates some problems. (=

The icons are going to stay the same size, AppleBerry has larger icons and always will, many people prefer their themes this way. That being said, I obviously understand that some people prefer smaller icons (I do sometimes), so maybe in the future I'll create a spinoff with smaller icons.

thanks for continuing to improve this theme. Its certain that you wont be able to custom make this theme for individuals but you should choose what you think is best and just offer it to us. Your artistic taste is great and this theme is one of the better ones Ive seen.

Do you have any themes aside from this one that you will be releasing? Maybe a Vista one (or windows 7)? hehe.
    04-21-09 06:14 PM
    i've only used this theme for one day..and i love it..i am contemplating purchasing the glass version, never paid for a theme before, but i guess ther'es always a first.

just one quick question, everytime an update is released, is there anyway to update the theme and preserve the locations of all the icons, or does that need to be rearranged every time?

thanks!
    04-21-09 06:49 PM
    When you update your theme, the arrangement of icons should stay the same. They havent rearranged themselves on my BB.
    04-21-09 06:52 PM
    Is it me or is this theme killing battery power?

04-21-09 07:53 PM
207 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD