Hi

I have been a blackberry user for over 2 years now having just upgraded from a pearl to 8900. For me the whole BB thing is about getting orgainised and having fun. I have been looking to download a today theme now for what must be a week or more. What...... why no simple browse, install. whats with the .jar files & not being able to open zip files on my phone... I have used the BB desktop manager to update & sync with my 8900 but still no updated theme. Not happy. Please help me regain my sanity & BB buzz & the simple ability to check my home screen to see whats on today !!!! appologies if this is the wrong place for my rant
    03-16-09 04:20 PM
    This is my first BB so not sure how things "used" to be but i have no problems downloading themes OTA from my blackberry. The .jar files should download directly to your BB and install no problem. I do know there is a lack of .alx files to load via bb desktop manager. For the themes i have made, i do have the .alx files, but i personally have not chose to take that last step and upload them after all the work i put in to creating a theme to offer for free. If you like one of my themes, PM me and i am willing to send you/ upload the .alx files.
    03-16-09 04:37 PM
    The BIG difference between the 8900 and your old phone is that unti today (Monday, not the theme) is that the official version of Plazmic (the theme builder software) was not available. Thus the themes deliverd with your new phone were, errr, pretty but none functional.

From now on, you should fine may themes, some free, somenot, that look really good and should suit your needs.

For about $7 (give or take) you may even be able to ask a theme builder to make you a theme that you deem ideal. Remeber though that whilst you may pay up front, the developper spends more time making changes so factor that in when you are agreeing a price.
    03-16-09 08:36 PM
    So does anyone have any clue when the official version of plazmic may be released? I need some themes! I'm dyin' here!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 11:47 PM
    So does anyone have any clue when the official version of plazmic may be released? I need some themes! I'm dyin' here!!!

It was released today. I'm sure you see Official themes pop up soon.
    03-16-09 11:52 PM
    Hi

I have been a blackberry user for over 2 years now having just upgraded from a pearl to 8900. For me the whole BB thing is about getting orgainised and having fun. I have been looking to download a today theme now for what must be a week or more. What...... why no simple browse, install. whats with the .jar files & not being able to open zip files on my phone... I have used the BB desktop manager to update & sync with my 8900 but still no updated theme. Not happy. Please help me regain my sanity & BB buzz & the simple ability to check my home screen to see whats on today !!!! appologies if this is the wrong place for my rant
    You've never been able to open zip files on the BB. If you see an "OTA Link", then you should be able to install directly from your phone (those are .jar files). The new version of Plazmic (that enables people to make 8900 themes) is just now official, so that is why you haven't been able to find very many themes. You'll probably start to see them popping up very soon, now that people can safely make them! Don't just look here, try other reputable theme sharing sites such as pimpmyberry.com and themes4bb.com.
    03-17-09 11:34 AM
    I just crossed over from the dark side of windows mobile so I am getting used to the differences. I am feeling the pain though on getting content like themes really slow for the bb. I know where you coming from angie.

03-17-09 06:44 PM
    Hi guys.... I've been waiting for tweety themes for my javelin. Anyone could make cute tweety themes please.......
    03-24-09 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD