Just got my 8900, loveing it, but not so found of the theme, i like themes that are very iconic and not so much graphical like the 8900's theme..

Where can i find a theme similar to whats on the 8320 ?? or something with similar crystal icons.
    03-09-09 09:33 PM
    I'm not sure what theme you are talking about, but check the themes forum. Keep in mind that all themes currently available for the 8900 are BETA. This means they can and will cause problems with your phone.

And 83xx theme will NOT work on an 8900.
    03-09-09 09:56 PM
    ok, did not know the 8900 themes are still in beta...

I love the crackberry theme And love the Dark Cerulean theme

Hope these get ported over the the 8900 soon
    03-10-09 02:27 AM
    The icons are what drove me away from the 8900. I feel your pain! Awesome phone with a rather ugly GUI.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 02:57 AM
    I hated the stock theme at first but now I'm completely used to it and I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 04:02 AM
    ok, did not know the 8900 themes are still in beta...

I love the crackberry theme And love the Dark Cerulean theme

Hope these get ported over the the 8900 soon
    The two that are included on your 8900 are not beta themes, and the Theme Creator software is beta, not the theme's themselves... these new themes that were created on this beta software can be dangerous... some people have reported some very bad things happening to their 8900s, including significant slowing down, and others have had issues when trying to upgrade their OS with these theme being active... too many problems.

Best thing to remember is watch when the theme creator is finally released... then any themes you download be sure they were compiled with the new software.... it might be a little hard to know, but there is a compile date and time on the Option > Advanced Options > Application page.
    03-10-09 06:06 AM
    Well i know the ones on the phone are not beta .. i was more talking the ones you can download. ..

To me the icons are fine, i see where i can get use to it, but they are too similar, so it takes me a while to distinguish them, more so i have to be reading the icon label ... on my 8320 .. that was not the case..
    03-10-09 09:49 AM
    It sounds like you might be using the Precision Silver theme, use the Precision Zen theme instead.
    03-10-09 10:14 AM
    Any screen pics ?? dont have the phone with me now
    03-10-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD