Great theme, I absolutely love it
    07-26-09 04:34 PM
    I have downloaded it but have lost my SMS & MMS icon.
    Even when I go into the menu, its gone!

Any help?
    07-26-09 04:39 PM
    Love the theme. Thank you very much.

Two quick questions:

1). I'm kind of new to the BlackBerry (I came from WinMo and am so glad I made the switch). I can't figure out how to customize or otherwise use the Quicklaunch icon. Can somebody help me with this?

2). I have my SMS/MMS separate from my other messages. I thought I read in this thread that if I scrolled up from the SMS/MMS icon on the Today screen, it would show me my messages. This is not happening. Am I doing something wrong or is this not a feature?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    07-26-09 06:25 PM
    I lied. I have one more question. I can't find the Calls Log icon anywhere. This is very important for me to have. Is there none is this theme?
    07-26-09 06:30 PM
    i'm loving this theme.
    downloading now.
    07-26-09 06:44 PM
    I can answer one question. The quicklaunch icon it for people that have purchased an app. Unless you purchase it you can not use it. Also you can not change it out in this theme as it is.
    07-26-09 06:45 PM
    Call logs can be accessed by hitting the green button call button.
    07-26-09 06:45 PM
    Please read thru the thread - all of this has been answered.

ClintRo answered the first.

There is an SMS/MMS icon in your apps folder

Call log is by deault hidden in your apps folder. Just go there, show all, and unhide it.

Love the theme. Thank you very much.

Two quick questions:

1). I'm kind of new to the BlackBerry (I came from WinMo and am so glad I made the switch). I can't figure out how to customize or otherwise use the Quicklaunch icon. Can somebody help me with this?

2). I have my SMS/MMS separate from my other messages. I thought I read in this thread that if I scrolled up from the SMS/MMS icon on the Today screen, it would show me my messages. This is not happening. Am I doing something wrong or is this not a feature?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    07-26-09 06:55 PM
    Thank you, but I'm wasn't looking for the SMS/MMS icon. I read the thread and found the answer for that already. My questions is, should it expand on the today screen like the calender app does? I'm rather new to BlackBerry. I wasn't sure if I had to have the SMS/MMS in a certain slot to have it expand like the calender app.

Please read thru the thread - all of this has been answered.

ClintRo answered the first.

There is an SMS/MMS icon in your apps folder

Call log is by deault hidden in your apps folder. Just go there, show all, and unhide it.
    07-26-09 07:38 PM
    A ha! I learn something new every day! Thank you.

Call logs can be accessed by hitting the green button call button.
    07-26-09 07:38 PM
    Do you know the name of the app? I don't mind having to purchase it. I just didn't know how it worked. Thanks for the reply btw.

I can answer one question. The quicklaunch icon it for people that have purchased an app. Unless you purchase it you can not use it. Also you can not change it out in this theme as it is.
    07-26-09 07:39 PM
    07-26-09 07:47 PM
    07-26-09 07:48 PM

Love the background can you provide a link?

Awesome theme, just one question, what are you guys using for the weather I cannot seem to find the app?
    07-27-09 09:06 AM
    BerryWeather....FTW

It is $10 but worth it....you can set locations and it will even use GPS or cell signal to give you local weather and radar.

BerryWeather 1.5 now with RADAR MAPS and GPS - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    07-27-09 09:22 AM
    Redzapper the theme is great and I am using it right now. Would it be too hard to make the exact same theme but with 2 rows of icons on the dock? That would be perfect. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work... great theme BTW...
    07-27-09 12:27 PM
    Would it be too hard to make the exact same theme but with 2 rows of icons on the dock? That would be perfect.
    No, that would be perfect for you. Personally, I'd hate it.
    07-27-09 12:31 PM
    No, that would be perfect for you. Personally, I'd hate it.
    Do you think that answer is helpful at all?
    07-27-09 12:48 PM
    Falkenhagen,

Some of the themers on here don't really like people to request big changes to the themes they have created. (especially the free ones that they are sharing)

They get 100s of request (sometimes in PMs) and I believe they get tired of people constantly asking for something different.

So sometimes you might get a reply like that when asking for a change.
    07-27-09 12:56 PM
    Falkenhagen,

Some of the themers on here don't really like people to request big changes to the themes they have created. (especially the free ones that they are sharing)

They get 100s of request (sometimes in PMs) and I believe they get tired of people constantly asking for something different.
    This is true.

So sometimes you might get a reply like that when asking for a change.
    BUT... That reply was not helpful, or repspectful IMO... Especially when he is NOT the developer of this theme... Falkenhagen has a right to make his requests, and be answered by RedZapper... You never know if he would produce a private version, with a private link via PM... Just my 2 cents.
    07-27-09 01:21 PM
    RedZapper, I may be missing something, or maybe it is not available for the 8900, but I was under the impression that when the phone was locked, the top center icon would still show the BerryWeather icon (whether it would still update while locked was another issue).

When I lock the phone, the banner is still there, but the BerryWeather icon, and the QuickLaunch icon both disappear.

I redownloaded the theme again as I noticed your update to the first post, but it is still the same behavior. Any thoughts?
    07-27-09 01:26 PM
    That feature was added to the Bold version of the theme. It will be implemented to the 8900 shortly.

RedZapper, I may be missing something, or maybe it is not available for the 8900, but I was under the impression that when the phone was locked, the top center icon would still show the BerryWeather icon (whether it would still update while locked was another issue).

When I lock the phone, the banner is still there, but the BerryWeather icon, and the QuickLaunch icon both disappear.

I redownloaded the theme again as I noticed your update to the first post, but it is still the same behavior. Any thoughts?
    07-27-09 01:45 PM
    Redzapper the theme is great and I am using it right now. Would it be too hard to make the exact same theme but with 2 rows of icons on the dock? That would be perfect. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work... great theme BTW...

Well, I think you should hear from me on this one.

I generally don't do custom changes to the theme for several reasons:
    - I don't have the time
    - I prefer not to change the fundamental look and feel of 3G as you see it now
    - I'm still continually upgrading features in the 4 versions posted and it would be a nightmare to update more versions than that

So while it won't be too hard to make a double dock, I think that substantially changes the theme. Sorry.

FYI. Instead of relying on a double dock, you could always use QuickLaunch.
    07-27-09 02:04 PM
    That feature was added to the Bold version of the theme. It will be implemented to the 8900 shortly.
    Wow. Thanks for the quick reply bro!

I knew I read it somewhere! Will be looking forward to this update.
    07-27-09 02:05 PM
    True... didn't say it was right... just that it may happen... Maybe the other guys was a good friend of the RedZapper..... who knows.

[/hijack]
    07-27-09 02:19 PM
180 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD