Hello,

I am new to blackberry. I always have sidekick, and just upgrade to bb 8900. I love it. but i am having problem with using you tube. My video won't play

can anyone help
    02-20-09 12:04 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    1) refer to this thread if you read through, some people had problems and solutions as well

2) for future reference please search the forums for your question before putting up results Thank you!
    02-20-09 12:19 PM
    Hello,

I am also new to blackberry, the 8900 is my first. I have also been experiencing the problem with youtube videos. Sometimes it says "Cannot find web address..." other times after trying to connect for minutes it says something along the lines of disrupted connect.

From what I have gathered through searching the internet, there seems to be no fix. Some people can access it and others can't. I have tried changing up browser settings, changing the APN from epc.tmobile.com to wap.voicestream.com, I am thinking I will head down to tmobile this weekend and see if they know whats up. The other option is just to wait and see in a new OS update will solve the problem. Which is a whole other story as I have a mac and can't install the desktop manager...

For what it's worth,

James
    02-20-09 12:32 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry! Both of you!

Check out that link Andy posted.
    02-20-09 12:54 PM
    I suspect that you have the most recent Operating System, which some have said has issues with Youtube.

Look in the forum for advice on operating systems. The .133 version works with you tube.
    02-20-09 12:58 PM
    If they are new to BB, and just received a 8900 from T-Mobile it is more than likely their OS is 4.6.1.114, which will run YouTube videos if they go to m.youtube.com
    02-20-09 01:32 PM
    If they are new to BB, and just received a 8900 from T-Mobile it is more than likely their OS is 4.6.1.114, which will run YouTube videos if they go to m.youtube.com
    Yeah I do have .114 installed, but sadly m.youtube.com gives me the errors I mentioned previously. I have also gone through the thread Andyr linked, but all of the proposed solutions, failed to deliver results. As a side note, it does not work on edge or my wifi.
    02-20-09 01:36 PM
    thats true..i went on m.youtube.com and it says cannot find web address. verify that this web address is valid.
    i just got my 8900 from tmobile 2 days ago. anyone help with this? i already looked at the other forum and nothing they mentioned worked.
    02-20-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD