Hi,
    I currently have a t-mobile UK contract and I was wondering if there was any point in me payin an extra 7.50 a month to get the bb features.
    The big downside is that tmobile don't use the EDGE network here (as far as I am aware, it's only o2 who do use EDGE) and the 8900 obviously doesn't support 3G so I'll be stuck with the normal GPRS net which is v.slow (was v.slow when I was using it with my 8310)... So I'm wondering, is it worth it? Could I live off the Wi-fi connection?
    Also, I can't move contract as my current one offers me the best deal across all networks + it finishes next year November.

Thanks for all the input guys
    08-03-09 04:11 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

Really, it depends on your specific situation. If you need access to data while you are driving in a car or otherwise not around a WiFi connection then you do need a data plan. On the other hand if you can get away with limited access to data and frequently have access to a WiFi connection then you can consider not getting a data plan. Also keep in mind that without a data plan you will need to do additional work on your own to download apps that will work over WiFi and then configure them to work correctly. Most apps will not work without a Blackberry data plan. Also you can only use BB Messenger and use the Blackberry push mail feature with a data plan. The choice is all yours and just depends on your particular situation. I can tell you that the price you would pay is basically a steal when compared to the prices people pay for the same feature in the US - which is about 5 times that amount.
    08-03-09 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD