Windows told me it needed to run an error check on my media card in my BB. I said ok why not. Windows explorer crashed mid way through. Well My media card was totally useless as far as the BB was concerned. Was able to copy almost everything over to my desktop but not all. The few things that would not copy, would make windows explorer crash again. then make my BB reboot. Every time explorer crashed it would make my BB reboot.

Anyone have an issue like this before? Find a fix for it?

And neither the PC nor the BB can format my media card.
    11-20-09 02:39 AM
    Yes I keep getting the 'check disk prompt' everytime I plug in my BB to my laptop, but unlike you, I always tell Windows not to scan the BB's 'disk'.

Have not had any trouble so far, luckily.
    11-20-09 04:52 AM
    Well the first time I plugged it into to my Win7 PC I told it not to scan. Then My BB could not read the memory card. The BB then told me to check it. So I plugged it back in and let windows check it. Worked fine, so the next time I plugged it in, I ran the check and low and behold, Epic Fail. I was able to get 99.5% of everything off. Finally was able to get the PC to format the memory card, but the BB says it cant read the memory card until it is formatted. Tried having the BB format again and it fails. Tried putting it into another BB and format, still fails. So I am thinking that the memory card went bad. I have never seen flash mem go bad. Anyone else ever see flash memory go bad?

I was never prompted in XP to scan it. So as far as I am concerned, I will turn mass storage mode off, and just use media manager when I am on Win7. After I buy a new memory card. Anyone know when the 32GB Micro SDHC's are coming out? I don't want to buy a 16GB and then the 32 comes out. LOL
    Last edited by xRuhRohx; 11-20-09 at 09:27 AM.
    11-20-09 09:23 AM
    The problem is that some stuff on the card was corrupted during the system crash since it happened in the middle of a read/write cycle. The same thing can (usually will) happen if you pull a flash drive / memory card out of your computer while you are in the middle of copying stuff. Get what you can off of the card, reformat it and then put everything back on there.
    11-20-09 11:28 AM
    The problem is that some stuff on the card was corrupted during the system crash since it happened in the middle of a read/write cycle. The same thing can (usually will) happen if you pull a flash drive / memory card out of your computer while you are in the middle of copying stuff. Get what you can off of the card, reformat it and then put everything back on there.
    Tried re formatting. The PC can format, but my BB and the other BB i tried cannot format it, They both fail.
    11-20-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD