01-21-09 09:09 PM
73 123
tools
    I believe the 9900 is "Pluto" whcih is the Bold based touchscreen, from what I have gathered. I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong.
    The 9910 would be for ATT I guess?
    Oh okay, I remember BB saying the 9910 is the P. we'll see later on in the year. So that might be the "pluto".

But what will RIM do after these phones, start making the blackberry 10010
    01-13-09 08:34 PM
    so does this thing have a trackball?
    01-14-09 10:45 AM
    I've asked that before, no idea thus far.
    01-14-09 11:19 AM
    so does this thing have a trackball?
    I've asked that before, no idea thus far.
    I seems like someone (probably one of you guys) has to ask this question at least twice a week but never get a reply. I'm not sure if the trackball is going to be on the 9220 or not. My guess is that the touchscreen is going to replace the trackball and I know you guys don't like that. I don't know for sure though.
    01-14-09 11:42 AM
    Think atomic. If they really have put as much into the new technology as it seems, I can't imagine that they'd abandon it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 12:09 PM
    Well from what BGR and other sites posted of a so called "pluto" or "magnum" phone it doesn't have a trackball.

RIM announcing BlackBerry Storm-alike for U.S. at WES 2009, more devices : Boy Genius Report
    01-14-09 03:43 PM
    I seems like someone (probably one of you guys) has to ask this question at least twice a week but never get a reply. I'm not sure if the trackball is going to be on the 9220 or not. My guess is that the touchscreen is going to replace the trackball and I know you guys don't like that. I don't know for sure though.
    This was my third time ever asking. I try to stay away from frivolous posting.
    If you had no concrete info yourself, why comment?
    01-14-09 04:34 PM
    yea i definitely dont want a touch screen phone

:/

i hope they go atomic for the 9220
    01-14-09 10:06 PM
    yea i definitely dont want a touch screen phone

:/

i hope they go atomic for the 9220
    If you didn't see the link I posted above this, it shows a picture that is suppose to be the 9220. That picture does not have a trackball, but that was a while ago so they might change it.
    01-14-09 10:10 PM
    In following the G1 my biggest issues with touchscreens is Apple patented multi touch or multi tap. ie the hardware of the G1 is capable, but they can't do it. I don't mind the iPhone's touchscreen but that's not what we'd be getting. I also don't like the Storm's.
    I need to inform myself more on resistive vs capacitive and any other touch screen technologies available. I could get used to it, not a biggie really. One less thing that's mechanical which the trackball currently is. MTBF ratings come to mind. (Mean Time Before Failure)
    01-14-09 10:15 PM
    Follow up link just in case anyone is interested:
    Touchscreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-14-09 10:17 PM
    If you didn't see the link I posted above this, it shows a picture that is suppose to be the 9220. That picture does not have a trackball, but that was a while ago so they might change it.
    looks like ill be stuck with trackball devices

touch screen phones havent done it for me...
    01-15-09 03:10 PM
    interesting how a touch screen is broken down to many different types
    01-15-09 03:13 PM
    if AT&T and RIM due infact come to an agreement and release the 3g 9220 (curve) i would drop my bold in a heartbeat
    01-15-09 03:18 PM
    Yes, good information thanks for the link.
    01-15-09 03:44 PM
    if AT&T and RIM due infact come to an agreement and release the 3g 9220 (curve) i would drop my bold in a heartbeat
    It is said that they will announce it at WES this year.
    01-15-09 03:58 PM
    Yes, good information thanks for the link.
    Glad it was useful
    Now if we can only get around Apples patents.
    Anyone see that they got multi tap working on the G1? Two ways, one was recompiling the kernel and the other was messing with the driver I think it was. Too bad we're not open source eh?
    I still need to read all that info and digest it, not enough hours in the day I tell you...
    01-15-09 08:44 PM
    It is said that they will announce it at WES this year.
    WES is May 5th-7th in Orlando for 2009.
    Road Trip anyone?
    WES 2009
    01-15-09 08:47 PM
    I wish I could go, I wanna see all the new ideas that RIM has for 2009. I just hope for a new Blackberry for AT&T. 9220 would be great
    01-15-09 09:02 PM
    I would love one with all the 3G frequencies so I'm not tied to a provider. I have had great coverage from ATT, terrible customer service and billing experiences(how do you screw up a customer enrolled in autopay!?) and high prices. With the 8900 I'm making the jump to TMo as I don't see myself paying ATT's BB plan prices and family messaging plan prices.
    I've had enough of them coming from the Cingular days, been with them for over 13 years and while I have shown them great loyalty and been exemplary in always paying on time they have done nothing but screw up and be rude.
    01-15-09 10:19 PM

It could be like the samsung epix which has a trackball and a touch screen and the external keyboard.
    01-16-09 03:05 PM
    that would certainly be nice to have a cdma radio and and a gsm class radio in the same device.
    01-19-09 04:07 PM
    You havent been here long enough to know what he's talking about. So I'll fill you in. Stop made a new thread back in june or july about a new device coming. All he knew was that is was called the 9220, it was a 3G version of the Javelin and had touch. other than that and his word he had no proof. He was killed, flamed, made fun of, etc by most ppl on this forum, and basically called a liar. But Kevin posted the info on the front page. Then a month later, other blogs and kevin came across proof that Stop-N-Go was right all along. Maybe hold off on your comments if you don't know what's going on. Also, that "roadmap" is not official.
    Just joining a conversation. Didn't think that was illegal. Thanks for the info, though. Everyone around here seems to hold that roadmap in pretty high esteem...
    01-21-09 09:09 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD