Well, I've been having this problem since about 3 days after getting it. Sometimes the stand by button just won't work! I will do everything, including restarting the phone and it still won't work. If i pull the battery out and restart the phone though (after the 5 or so minute wait..) it works fine. No rhyme or reason for it not working, just happens randomly.

I'm thinking it may be a software issue. I'm currently on stock OS, so which OS would be the SAFEST to upgrade to (no beta's plz)? I just want my BB to work like normal! And for these OS's, where do you get them?

PS I searched for a while but I'm new to this game so I probably didn't search the correct terms and what not--- please no flaming!

TIA!
    06-04-09 10:26 PM
    .206 is the most effecient and stable IMO..but make sure you read thr 101 lectures including the update/downgrade one and make sure you have it down to memory before attempting to update it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 10:40 PM
    thank you. Where would I be able to download this?
    06-04-09 10:45 PM
    In this section..it might be a few pages back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 10:49 PM
    .231 is extremely stable as well...it's not a beta it's just from east asia but you wont be able to tell the difference...it's stickied in this forum so it should be easy to find ;-)
    06-04-09 11:19 PM
    Oh and yeah I'd agree with lilro, if you haven't upgraded an os before check out the lecture series here BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

It will explain the whole process in detail.

good luck
    06-04-09 11:21 PM
    I am on my third BlackBerry 8900 in 3 weeks. The first one had a funny diagonal line of lighter pixels on the screen so T-Mobile sent out a "new" one, the new one ran slowly at first and then managed to suck the juice out of a fully charged battery and not come on so I sent that one back and I am about to put the third and hopefully final one to the test...

If I were you I would throw a MF-ing fit. It's not your job to make your 3 day old phone work the best it should. Sure get updates along the road but where you bought the phone should do that for you. I would be pissed.
    06-04-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD