Hi finally got my Curve and lovin it best phone i've had.

I've searched but cannot find any info in regards to my question on here so here it is:

I've installed a Micro SD card (Sandisk 8GB), which the phone recognises when I look up it's memory.
    But where on earth can I access the Micro SD card via the blackberry menu to see whats on it etc?
    Am I missing something????

Also can I change my text/emai language to german on first installation I chose english UK but also cannot find where i can switch to german.
    Having read the 101's on here it mention to delete all languages which will not be used but cannot find where i can do that? hmmm

I'm running on:

Platform 4.2.0.72
    App Version 4.6.1.101 (167)
    Application memory free space 115.2MB
    Media Card Free Space 7.5GB

many thanks for your patience and help
    03-06-09 01:16 PM
    Go to Media, hit the Menu key, select explore.
    03-06-09 01:22 PM
    For your language selections, go to Options-->Language and select language of choice (if you have it on there). If it is not present you will have to go back to your DM and check mark the language you wish to add.
    03-06-09 01:31 PM
    Fantastic thanks,

Just one more question:

I've set up my home wi fi on my curve and set it to prioritse wifi (me thinks).

Now will the curve automatically route through my own wife if I open the web browser or could it also decide to go via EDGE which will obviously impact on my data usage.

In general if i connect via wifi hotspots which are free in a restaurant or cafe for instance, and a week later go there again will it automatically go online via wifi or will i have to tell it to?

It's going to be a long night reading and rereading the 101's and various threads on here but i'm really lovin it.

Many many thanks again
    03-06-09 02:07 PM
    Fantastic thanks,

Just one more question:

I've set up my home wi fi on my curve and set it to prioritse wifi (me thinks).

Now will the curve automatically route through my own wife if I open the web browser or could it also decide to go via EDGE which will obviously impact on my data usage.
    No, it will not go through your wife. That's your job hahahaha

In general if i connect via wifi hotspots which are free in a restaurant or cafe for instance, and a week later go there again will it automatically go online via wifi or will i have to tell it to?
    When you successfully connect to a wi-fi hotspot, it has two options that are already checked that you must accept...one of those is to save the hotspot and connect automatically in the future. So yes, once you're in range of that hotspot again, it will automatically connect. As for the data, as long as you're connected, then it won't jump back over to your BIS plan unless the hotspot signal is extremely weak and cutting out.
    03-06-09 02:10 PM
    When you're in your browser, along the top it will say the connection protocol it's using (If you don;t see this bar, press "U"). If it says EDGE or UMA, then you are using data from your plan. To change it to use Wi-Fi, and not data from your plan, go into the browser options and set it to use the "Hotspot Browser". It should then say "Wi-Fi" in the top bar.
    03-06-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD