I also have O2 active which is my carrier in ireland so I'm pretty sure that's the phone connection but the other two seem to both go out over wifi, or is it just because I'm at home playing and it tries wifi first and falls back on data?

Sorry for thinking out loud...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 05:17 PM
    Check out the browsers explained link in my signature.
    03-13-09 05:31 PM
    Internet Browser uses Edge to connect Hotspot Browser uses Wifi to connect.
    03-13-09 06:14 PM
    I can use wifi with the internet browser. Check the icon on the top right corner, if it says edge, you are running edge and same for wifi.
    03-13-09 06:19 PM
    I can use wifi with the internet browser. Check the icon on the top right corner, if it says edge, you are running edge and same for wifi.
    Thanks for the tip.
    03-13-09 06:44 PM
    Check out the browsers explained link in my signature.
    Quoted from Browsers explained "Blackberry Browser":

"This browser is only used in a corporate environment. All web browsing goes via the BES using the MDS-CS service. The MDS-CS service acts as a proxy for the BlackBerry Browser and also strips out web page content that is not suitable for the BlackBerry."
    Does the above means that no matter if you are browsing over Wifi or edge your data flows through BES, your data plan get charged. Did anyone experienced this.
    03-28-09 10:04 AM
    Quoted from Browsers explained "Blackberry Browser":

"This browser is only used in a corporate environment. All web browsing goes via the BES using the MDS-CS service. The MDS-CS service acts as a proxy for the BlackBerry Browser and also strips out web page content that is not suitable for the BlackBerry."
    Does the above means that no matter if you are browsing over Wifi or edge your data flows through BES, your data plan get charged. Did anyone experienced this.
    The part of the article you are referencing is talking about the "Browser" settings in options:

Browser > BB Button > Options > Browser:

What you posted was information on if you set this setting to "Blackberry". I don't have this on my device as I used BIS and according to that article, the option only shows up if you have BES setup.
    03-28-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD