You tell me is it the keypad? The edge? The shape? well what makes you choose a curve over lets say a bold or tour leave some comments let me know?
    04-11-10 02:33 PM
    ummmm.... it might be pointless to you you flaming **** move your *** on somewhere else in the forums i jst wanted to get ppls opinions on some stuff if its pointless dont comment or even click on the thread!! ******
    04-11-10 04:43 PM
    Please, this is a Civilized Place.
    The Curve is a Curve, because RIM chose that name; the end.
    Everyone will have there own thought, but unless you can call RIM up, there is no OFFICIAL answer.
    04-11-10 05:07 PM
    i got a curve because thats what i can afford lol but if i had the money would have gone with a 9000
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 04-15-10 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Profanity
    04-12-10 01:49 AM
    Curve was the model for consumers. It had a lot of variations with specific features. My brother still uses his and the keyboard still feels great. 83xx keyboard feels more comfortable than the 8900 kb.
    IMO the curve catapult RIM in the consumer market and gave them serious marketshare. Keeping that marketshare is another story. They will make or break on OS 6.0.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 03:13 AM
    When they first created the curve, the team showed it to their boss but he wasn't impress so he throws the bb at the head of the team leader, and it did a nice curve in the air, so every one were saying "Nice curve boss".

04-12-10 06:28 AM
    I really think its just the keyboard
    04-12-10 08:11 AM
    think of the Curve as a base model Chevy and the Tour as the Cadillac version of the same Chevy.

Tour has several better features over the Curve. I would say the Curve is the entry level BB.

Tour has way better keyboard, camera, feel of device in your hand among other things.
    04-12-10 09:15 AM
    For me, at the time of purchase(July 09), it was either the 8900, Bold 9000, or the Iphone on AT&T. I personally didn't want to be hauling around such a brick of a phone, so I picked the smallest of the three and went with the 8900. However, if the 9700 was out at that time, I definitely would've gone with that option though.
    04-13-10 09:10 PM
    When they first created the curve, the team showed it to their boss but he wasn't impress so he throws the bb at the head of the team leader, and it did a nice curve in the air, so every one were saying "Nice curve boss".

im pretty sure that's how it went.
    04-13-10 09:32 PM
    think of the Curve as a base model Chevy and the Tour as the Cadillac version of the same Chevy.

Tour has several better features over the Curve. I would say the Curve is the entry level BB.

Tour has way better keyboard, camera, feel of device in your hand among other things.
    The tour and the Curve 8900 have the same camera and very comparable processors (512 Curve vs 528 Tour) same memv and screen. Keyboard is subjective.

When the Curve line was first introduced, it was a full QWERTY version of the Pearl and a consumer oriented device. It's big brother was the 8800 which was a business centered device. Today, I feel the Curve will continue to be an entry level BB and that the 8900 will be a "black sheep" or outlier in the family. I've tried to think what a 9300 would bring that wouldn't impose on the 9700. Trackpad, 3G, processor and you're there. So... How do you make it different? Unless it's landscape?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 11:08 PM
    the main difference between the bold and the curve is the fact that the Curve is a 2G (or Edge) phone where as the Bold is a 3G phone if you are with AT&T.
    04-14-10 12:06 AM
    I too think its the keyboard.
    04-14-10 02:03 PM
    I went in to fix my phone, they told me I can upgrade my cell phone (im at rogers btw) for $50. Anyway, they showed me the options of phones I could get. At the time the pearl, the 8900 & the bold were the "hot" phones. I was drawn to the 8900 because it looked just like the bold but smaller and I didnt want the bulk. At the time I had no idea what 3g was because I was switching from a Nokia 5300. I find my 8900 runs very fast even though it isnt 3g. I wouldnt change my phone for anything.

...Theres my story

... & the tour wasnt even made when I bought the 8900, but whats the point in getting the tour if u have an 8900?
    Last edited by Nikki_Starr; 04-15-10 at 06:47 PM. Reason: adding on more input
    04-15-10 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD