I have a small voice plan and a 500MB data plan. What about text messaging? When I text a cell phone, how much am I charged, or does it take it off of my 500MB? And if it does, how much KB is each text message...

Just something that concerns me.

Thanks, Sincerely,
    TedM
    01-21-09 07:07 PM
    Rogers has a 500MB cap on their BIS? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about the text size. They're well under 1Kb in size, and there are 1,000Kb to 1Mb, and 500 of those would be your cap...so you can send a lot of texts.
    01-21-09 07:10 PM
    Just want to make sure you have your terminology in order. Your voice minutes are for voice calling. Your data is for BIS services (email, BBM, etc) and web browsing. 3rd party applications generally go through your BIS data plan and these include text messaging. SMS messaging between phones is separate from voice and data. For this messaging you need to have a text messaging option added to you plan.

Hopefully this helps you clarify the situation.
    01-21-09 07:29 PM
    Yeah, I'm sure text messages are NOT counted in your data quota. The 500 MB is only for your BB applications, browsing the net, etc.

Text messages aren't included in that. You can send as many as you want in terms of data, but you'll be charged per text message for whatever much Rogers is charging.
    01-21-09 07:31 PM
    yea sms messages are not part of ur data plan, however bb instant messenger uses up data but only a few kb per message, which is very little. i am on rogers and i have to 30$ bb data value pack which has 10,000 txt messages, 10, 000 picture, and video messages, 500 mb data call display with name display, and voicemail.
    01-21-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD