11-01-09 05:09 PM
28 12
tools
    Someone please help!

The volume on my BB Curve changes uncontrollably when I make or recieve calls - but does not when using the media player for music. The problem first occured when I was using the device to listen to music, got a call and ever since than it keeps going crazy!
    already did several battery pulls rebooted the software im out of ideas!
    I sent my bb to colorwarepc.com to change the color and am almost sure that i lost the warranty on the phone now so i really want to find a solution other than having to get a new phne...

PLEASE HELP!
    05-07-09 08:28 PM
    Do you see the volume bar changing? If not then it's an issue of cellphone reception.

But if you do see a volume bar changing during calls randomly, you probably have a circuit board malfuntion in which the button is somehow irregularly in contact with that function of volume control. Or something is wrong with the volume rocker itself.
    05-07-09 09:05 PM
    Does it happen over UMA???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-09 09:06 PM
    yea i see the volume jumping up and down sometimes faster and sometimes it works for a short while
    05-07-09 09:08 PM
    Does it happen over UMA???

what does UMA mean?
    05-07-09 09:08 PM
    what does UMA mean?

Let Me Google That For You

Hehe, sorry, I had to try it out once..
    05-07-09 09:15 PM
    the volume does not jump around anymore instead now when i make calls it keeps jumping between speaker and headphones. on the top left of the screen it keeps jumping between the sign headphones and the 2 arrows
    05-07-09 09:17 PM
    Do you see the volume bar changing? If not then it's an issue of cellphone reception.

But if you do see a volume bar changing during calls randomly, you probably have a circuit board malfuntion in which the button is somehow irregularly in contact with that function of volume control. Or something is wrong with the volume rocker itself.
    now it keeps jumping between speaker and headphones when i make a call...
    05-07-09 09:18 PM
    LMAO! genius...
    05-07-09 09:23 PM
    Sounds like water damage....- don't have any ideas.

Sorry.

05-07-09 10:08 PM
    Oh wow, that seems like a serious hardware issue. No help can be offered thier I am affraid, other than attempting to check out whats going on internally and even that would'nt be recoemended unless you know the inner workings of the phone.

And since no tutorial is present on outlining the interactions and what part of the hardware does what. Your best bet is to try to get a replacement.
    05-07-09 10:28 PM

Let Me Google That For You

Hehe, sorry, I had to try it out once..
    LOL ... that just doesn't get old.

@OP - Yes, unfortunately, this does sound like a water damage issue. Hopefully this is not the case but I think likely it is. You might want to try and upgrade the OS, just in case that will solve your problem but I think it might be a long shot. For the procedure on upgrading the OS, check out the 101 lectures - I have a link to them in my signature. I also have a direct link to the upgrade procedure link in my signature as well.

P.S. Just in case you didn't try this already, do a battery pull. To do this, take the battery out of the phone while it is on. Wait 20 seconds. Put the battery back in the phone then after it loads back up, observe what it is doing and see if your problem is resolved. Good Luck.
    05-07-09 10:58 PM
    thanks for all the replies looks like i need to get a new phone...
    05-08-09 03:15 PM
    Its hardware.
    What you could try is wiping the phone and seeing if that does anything.
    Did you happen to have this issue when you plugged in your headset?

Reason I ask is because I had this same issue, and in the end returned the phone to T-Mobile.
    What I did was wiped the phone, and that worked for a second till I decided to use the volume rocker,
    Once I wiped again, I messed with the headphone jack, and eventually everything was back to normal.

05-08-09 10:34 PM
    Its hardware.

Reason I ask is because I had this same issue, and in the end returned the phone to T-Mobile.
    What I did was wiped the phone, and that worked for a second till I decided to use the volume rocker,
    Once I wiped again, I messed with the headphone jack, and eventually everything was back to normal.

This just happened to me right after I plugged in the headset, and I remeber about a month ago that had some water spilled into the phone, so this is definetly it.

When you say that you wiped the phone, do you mean that you opened the casing and wiped it yourself? h how did you do this? why did you end up returning the phone? I would greatly apreciate any help, cause my warranty does not cover getting the phone wet.

thanks...
    06-26-09 02:33 PM
    This just happened to me right after I plugged in the headset, and I remeber about a month ago that had some water spilled into the phone, so this is definetly it.

When you say that you wiped the phone, do you mean that you opened the casing and wiped it yourself? h how did you do this? why did you end up returning the phone? I would greatly apreciate any help, cause my warranty does not cover getting the phone wet.

thanks...
    06-26-09 02:48 PM
    A similar problem described above has happened on my current phone as well (Blackberry Curve 8310). The volume button keeps jumping up and down when I try to dial or receive the calls. I did not drop the phone nor did it get wet. It just happened to do that after a 2 hour call that I just had got done with.

Here are the things that I have tried to do but in vain:

1. Did a soft reset (battery pull) several times.
    2. Swapped my wife's sim card with mine. No problem with the sim card.
    3. Updated the software several times. Deleted all applications.
    4. Wiped my blackberry about 5 times (after backing up of course).
    5. I did pry open the phone as well. As somebody had remarked, the volume button is inside a casing which you will have to break open.

As of now I will try to update the software yet again. If not, I will try to get a new phone. Does anyone have any ideas to try?

Thanks in advance.
    07-29-09 03:31 PM
    Its hardware.

I was wondering what you meant exactly when you said "I messed with the headphone jack". Was this with all the parts of the phone intact or not? And did you use any object?

I am having the exact same problem, wondering how to fix it and curious if this is usually localized to the headphone jack only.

Thank you.
    10-23-09 08:37 PM
    bump please
    10-25-09 02:51 AM
    i have the EXACT SAME problem with my 8900 curve
    10-25-09 07:35 AM
    if i take this to a mobile phone shop, could i try and see if they could fix this and just pay them or....would i HAVE TO try and send it back and see if my insurance covers it?
    10-25-09 07:43 AM
    bump it bump it
    10-26-09 07:24 PM
    bump it bump it
    Please stop Bumping your threads. Thanks.

Forum Rules on bumping (source - http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...delines-113/):

Bumping
    This refers to posting with the deliberate intention to either pad your post count or to keep a thread 'hot' so it appears at the top of the forum. Bumping can sometimes be useful, but you must wait three days from the original post to bump the thread. Only one bump is allowed per thread per user. CrackBerry.com's moderator’s reserve the right to delete useless “bumps” at their discretion.
    10-26-09 08:16 PM
    if i take this to a mobile phone shop, could i try and see if they could fix this and just pay them or....would i HAVE TO try and send it back and see if my insurance covers it?
    Well if its been less than one year since you bought the phone you might be entitled to a new one by the company based on a warranty. If there is not warranty coverage then you should take the phone to a repair shop.

What type of phone do you have?
    10-26-09 11:53 PM
    well i have a blackberry curve 8900. i bought it from buymobilephones.net and is connect to t-mobile. i bought it just 3months ago now.
    10-27-09 02:13 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD