Was wondering if anyone has had any luck saving videos on their micro sd card to play on the 8900. (Have a 1 gb card in phone, want to move a movie from itunes to the 8900). Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    05-15-09 05:15 PM
    Some versions of Desktop Manager have a Roxio Media Manager with it. That should let you transfer your videos in the proper format and size. I have never done this.

If the video is already in the proper format, you should be able to also use Mass Storage Mode and just add the file to your memory card, although i find that videos don't show up in Media or won't play the video (just sound) if it is not just right.

There are other ways to convert the video files too, if you search i'm sure you'll find some.

Also, for music files, there is Blackberry Media Sync that will allow you to sync your (DMR free) iTunes playlist.
    05-15-09 05:46 PM
    Some versions of Desktop Manager have a Roxio Media Manager with it. That should let you transfer your videos in the proper format and size. I have never done this.

If the video is already in the proper format, you should be able to also use Mass Storage Mode and just add the file to your memory card, although i find that videos don't show up in Media or won't play the video (just sound) if it is not just right.

There are other ways to convert the video files too, if you search i'm sure you'll find some.

Also, for music files, there is Blackberry Media Sync that will allow you to sync your (DMR free) iTunes playlist.
    Thank you for your help. Going to give it a try when I have some free time this evening.
    05-15-09 06:13 PM
    you just mentioned that have 1GB.. Ouch, I dont think so movie from itune will fit into MediaCard for sure.. Because Most video compression is about 1.6 to 1.20GB from itune. You need 4 or 8 GB mSDHC..

otherwise you can convert it to redsize the video resolution like 480x272 or 320x240 from 480x320. it will cut compress GB off to MB and fit onto 1GB msdhc.

G'LUCK!
    05-15-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD