Ok so I just ordered the 8900 this morning! It will be my very first blackberry. I know very little about these phones. I would like everyone's opions on what apps are a must and how I can customize this phone to work better or if you have any tips. THANKS!!!
    04-05-09 09:06 PM
    First of all welcome to crackberry! You need to check out the 101 lecture series to give you some answers to FAQ's...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series

As far as apps go here's a couple of links to help ya with that also...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...pular+download
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...pular+download
    04-05-09 09:11 PM
    welcome to the addiction! DL some apps, i like iheartradio,viigo, and fml. then get one or two cool themes. Probably most importantly, I would recommend some sort of case for protection. I have two Blackberry silicone skins and they work well. Seidio makes AWESOME hard cases for Blackberries. Even if you only drop your phone once, if its not protected, your gonna be a sad addict! lol
    04-05-09 09:20 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    04-05-09 09:43 PM
    Welcome to CB, BB, and the addiction. Be sure to check out the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series. My favorite apps are Facebook, TwitterBerry, Quicklaunch, Autostandby, BerryBuzz, Quickpull, and Google Maps.
    04-05-09 09:53 PM
    Ok so I just ordered the 8900 this morning! It will be my very first blackberry. I know very little about these phones. I would like everyone's opions on what apps are a must and how I can customize this phone to work better or if you have any tips. THANKS!!!
    Be sure to add your BB to your life insurance policy Wouldn't want the signifigant other getting all the money
    04-05-09 09:55 PM
    Welcome.

Allow me to introduce you to

http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php
    04-06-09 12:14 AM
    welcome to crackberry! you will need to upgrade your blackberries os once you get it for better battery life =)
    04-06-09 12:19 AM
    Welcome.

Mark THAT was funny

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 12:29 AM
    LOL Classic!
    04-06-09 12:53 AM
    Check my signature. Muahahahaha. . Wait. I don't have one.

04-06-09 01:42 AM
    Welcome.

Lol.. Yeah. That should be our introduction to all the newbs.

This is very similar to soo many "i just got my 8900 and...." threads..

Search baby search before posting a duplicate thread.
    04-06-09 02:13 AM
    Welcome to crackberry.

The first things you should get is a screen protector and the innocase II

I like the clarivue crystal clear screen protector. But a lot of them are the same

04-06-09 11:31 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    04-06-09 01:44 PM
    Just got my 8900 and the addiction has begun!!!
    Welcome. You're supposed to start a new thread and ask what applications you should install. Also ask about cases, screen protectors, and what OS everyone is running. Then you'll fit right in.

And for those without sarcasm........... I'm joking.
    04-06-09 01:48 PM
    welcome to the addiction and feel free to visit the social forums.
    I recieved most of my apps from the mobile sites I visited such as m.mariners.com, m.google.com, m.mlb.com....etc.
    04-06-09 01:49 PM
    Welcome. You're supposed to start a new thread and ask what applications you should install. Also ask about cases, screen protectors, and what OS everyone is running. Then you'll fit right in.

LMAO Good One!
    04-06-09 01:54 PM
    First, Welcome!!!

Good one!!!
    04-06-09 01:57 PM
    I will also be getting my first BB soon,the 8900! my question is, why do you have to upgrade the OS immediatly? don't these phones ever come out of the box up to date and optimized with all the latest stuff? I don't have a phone yet , but i am already reading up on changing crap I know nothing about. can't you use them as is out of the box? I hate touching new stuff!! sorry about the noob questions.
    04-06-09 04:53 PM
    Don't upgrade immediately. Get to know your phone first and then search around here and get comfortable with it.

04-06-09 05:01 PM
    I've had my 8900 about a week its great. Ill think about upgrading in a couple weeks, get to know how to use it first.

04-06-09 05:15 PM
    I am realizing from the post's you upgrade, but my question was why? all this money for a phone that is not up to date, i don't get that part? I would like to buy a product that is new , meaning, current ? just wondering why.
    04-06-09 05:19 PM
    Holy large wall of text Batman!
    04-06-09 05:21 PM
    When you buy a PC from Best Rip Off Buy, is it updated?

Nope.
    04-06-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD