First off, i cant believe there is a blackberry forum site, lol.....its great....

but back to business, i currently have the blackberry pearl and my contract is up in August. I want to get another blackberry just because the pearl has be amazing. I am looking at these curve 8900s a lot and they look nice, but i have sum questions.

1. can you download apps like the G1 or iphone? (my friend has the G1 and he is always showing me this cool apps he gets, like a music id, bar code scan, medal detector)
    2. if you have one do you like it?
    3. is the web browser fast and does it look like an actually website?

thanks guys, and i look forward to being on here often....i love my blackberry, lol....
    07-15-09 08:57 PM
    The 8900 is awsome, the web browser on all BB's needs a little work but it is fast and the software is getting better and better every month. The G! really isn't that fast and the 8900 is a SOLID device. The wifi on the 8900 is great for me.
    07-15-09 09:07 PM
    the web browsing on my pearl is just horrible, my phone always freezes up and takes forever some times to load the page. Also the track ball is a pain once it gets dirty.......can you download apps on the 8900?
    07-15-09 09:15 PM
    The web browser is waaayyyyy better than the pearl, my wife has the phone and she is jealous of my browser and my phone. The 8900 grabs EDGE differently than the other BB"s. Very effective.
    07-15-09 09:18 PM
    I just got my BlackBerry a couple of months ago & I can't believe that it took me so long!! I totally love my BB and can't imagine life before it. A lot of my friends have different BB models but I really enjoy mine. It's small enough to fit anywhere yet big enough to have a full keyboard. Definitely no complaints or regrets about the 8900.

I have an iPod Touch and the apps on it are way better than those on the BB (more selection, more fun, more user friendly etc.) However I still prefer the BlackBerry b/c I'm not fond of that whole touch screen thing. Plus I am way more connected on the BB than I would be on an iPhone due to BBM.

I don't surf the net a lot on my phone but when I do for the most part the browser is fast enough and the websites look normal unless you're in a mobile view.
    07-15-09 10:29 PM
    8900 is the best bb out there. you cant go wrong with it. browser messenger everything is awesome about this phone
    07-16-09 12:38 AM
    8900 is the best bb out there. you cant go wrong with it. browser messenger everything is awesome about this phone
    The Tour is technically the best BB out there right now. It's got all the best parts of the Bold and 8900 combined.
    07-16-09 09:37 AM
    the tour doesn't have wifi!! that's an instant fail for me.
    and you can't save applications on your media card.

** hum. i'm sure it'll appeal to a niche crowd out there.
    07-16-09 09:57 AM
    ... and you can't save applications on your media card.
    You say that like there is another Blackberry that can do this. This feature is a big security risk and is likely to never be available on any Blackberry - at least not anytime soon.
    07-16-09 11:36 AM
    I've had my 8900 for about a month now and love it. Best phone I have ever owned.

So many say that the tour is so much better then the 8900. But what it looks like to me is a 8900 with 3G instead of wifi. Oh and the tour is world phone, but if your not traveling to other countries which most of us are not what's the ponit.

Personly I would reather have wifi its faster then 3G from what I understand. The only time I don't have my wifi is when I'm in my car. But edge works just fine then.
    07-16-09 05:50 PM
    I've had my 8900 for about a month now and love it. Best phone I have ever owned.

So many say that the tour is so much better then the 8900. But what it looks like to me is a 8900 with 3G instead of wifi. Oh and the tour is world phone, but if your not traveling to other countries which most of us are not what's the ponit.

Personly I would reather have wifi its faster then 3G from what I understand. The only time I don't have my wifi is when I'm in my car. But edge works just fine then.

ya, i dont do much traveling....unless a 25min drive to work and back is traveling, lol.

I looked at the Tour and i dont really think i wana spend an extra 200 bucks for it......

but i have asked this question like 5 times, lol....can you download apps on the 8900??
    07-16-09 08:56 PM
    Yes you can download apps on the 8900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD