Do I need to upgrade the os? and how do I do it?
    02-20-09 01:08 AM
    In a second a bunch of people are going to tell you to do a search on the subject. I'll say that you probably will want to go to .133 at some point to improve some funtions like battery life and text posting. There is a link to OS upgrades in the stickies at the top of this forum. There you will also find links to go get a copy of Desktop Manager. I recommend getting version 4.6. Now you can go to the FAQ forum and get a copy of the upgrade guide. I posted directions to use crackmem here, I'll put them below for you. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 01:19 AM
    Download and install Crackmem. It will wipe your device and install the OS for you.
    First get and install the OS you want. Plug your device is and open CrackMem and look in the left box, put a check next to the OS you want, below that, click the confirm OS box. On the right click wipe device and enter BrickMyPhone. Now a rim installer will open, follow the prompts as they come up. A box will open that lists what is to be installed after your device is wiped, make sure you put a checkmark next to everything in the list that doesn't have a check in the box.
    You must do this to make sure all of your apps install. It's a good idea to make a backup of your device so you can restore contacts etc. It is also a good idea to backup your 3rd party apps - instructions are in the faq forum. Follow the prompts until. It starts the OS load. After it says done, your device will have the clock timing out. Wait until the set-up comes up - it will take a bit longer. Then set up as normal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 02-20-09 at 01:30 AM.
    02-20-09 01:22 AM
    Here's a link to the newest OS. Some people have had trouble with it.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ne...nguage-160583/

and here's crackmem:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...light=crackmem
    02-20-09 01:39 AM
    Check out the 101 lectures, link in my signature. Also check out the upgrade procedure, link also in my signature.
    02-20-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD