Hey there,

I've been reading through this forum quite a while now and on sunday i'll finally get my first BB (8900 curve).
    While i already gathered quite alot of information there still is one question coming up:

In the "OS-update (5.0)-sticky" i read, that the latest OS version deletes some of the games that come default with my 8900.
    i'd like to keep them though, but would still love to upgrade my BBs OS right away, without getting used to the 4.6 version.

so my question would be:
    what 5.0 version could you suggest for someone who wants to keep his games?

i already checked the BB.com site, but the OS version numbers there didn't look like the ones i read in the forums... =/

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,

joe doe
    04-23-10 11:17 AM
    Go on google and search for "backup blackberry apps". It will detail a method of saving apps and games through desktop manager. That is the best thing I can think of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 09:15 PM
    Hey there,

I've been reading through this forum quite a while now and on sunday i'll finally get my first BB (8900 curve).
    While i already gathered quite alot of information there still is one question coming up:

In the "OS-update (5.0)-sticky" i read, that the latest OS version deletes some of the games that come default with my 8900.
    i'd like to keep them though, but would still love to upgrade my BBs OS right away, without getting used to the 4.6 version.

so my question would be:
    what 5.0 version could you suggest for someone who wants to keep his games?

i already checked the BB.com site, but the OS version numbers there didn't look like the ones i read in the forums... =/

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,

joe doe
    the games come with the service book, so if their not there, have the service books resent to the phone, and youll have the games listed but as links to get them from the web... also, bbsak and the desktop manager can back up your apps... i never wipe my phone when updating its os, and all my apps get restored during the os update, just have to choose that option when updating
    04-25-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD