Before I left TMobile, I had asked for Tmobiles help in unlocking the 8900.

They emailed me the 16 digit MEP code and I proceeded to unlock the phone. At the time, I had noticed that Sim Card was Security Disabled. I assumed my phone had been unlocked.

Finally, I had my number ported over and I was able to buy the Blackberry 8310. With the included AT&T SIM in the 8310, I'm able to place/receive phone and place/send text message.

Now, I take the same AT&T SIM card into my 8900 and at the very top I'm getting the "Invalid Sim Card" error.

Shouldn't the phone be plug-and play? Do I need to change ANY settings on the 8900 for AT&T use? Do I need to re-unlock the 8900 using the TMobile provided MEP code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-27-10 09:05 PM
    If you enter the code correctly a message should pop up on your screen declaring success. If that message did not pop up you need to make sure you type the code correctly then your phone will be unlocked. There are many threads outside the 8900 zone that if you sift through them, you may be led to the correct answer. Hopefully this helps...good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 11:34 PM
    Before I left TMobile, I had asked for Tmobiles help in unlocking the 8900.

They emailed me the 16 digit MEP code and I proceeded to unlock the phone. At the time, I had noticed that Sim Card was Security Disabled. I assumed my phone had been unlocked.

Finally, I had my number ported over and I was able to buy the Blackberry 8310. With the included AT&T SIM in the 8310, I'm able to place/receive phone and place/send text message.

Now, I take the same AT&T SIM card into my 8900 and at the very top I'm getting the "Invalid Sim Card" error.

Shouldn't the phone be plug-and play? Do I need to change ANY settings on the 8900 for AT&T use? Do I need to re-unlock the 8900 using the TMobile provided MEP code?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You never mentioned you actually unlocked it, so I'm pretty sure it's still 100% locked. Need to enter that code T-Mobile gave you.
    04-28-10 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD