Hi,

I will be soon joining the Blackberry community! I'm buying a Curve 8900 from a friend who has it for tmobile. He's calling tmobile for me and getting me an unlock code. But, this is my first time with a Blackberry as well as my first time unlocking a phone and I was hoping you guys could answer a few questions I had. Will there be any unusable functionality if I unlock a tmobile 8900 and use it on AT&T network (such as GPS or WiFi)? Also, I have a data plan that has 5.0 MB internet and 1500 texts, is that sufficient for a blackberry or will I need to upgrade (maybe the phone checks my email every second or GPS triangulation every second)? And lastly, is there any hidden charges or anything that will be incurred from using a Blackberry?

Thank you guys so much in advanced! I'm excited to join the Blackberry community as I've heard only positive things about Blackberries!

-gala2
    05-15-09 10:11 PM
    It will work the same

I would get the unlimited BlackBerry data plan.

GPS will kill your data plan right away and web surfing will kill your data plan. I sometimes leave my GPS on by accident aka google maps. I would recommended getting a Blackberry data plan.
    05-15-09 10:12 PM
    Your plan will change when you get a BlackBerry since BlackBerry, much like the iPhones, have thier own data plan. You should just check out the AT&T website and look at their plans. A BB plan runs about $30 a month, but the 8900 has wi-fi, but even with wi-fi, some applications wont run on wifi thus having the need to get a BB data plan. "whomp whomp".

Minutes are roll over, so that's a plus.
    05-15-09 10:24 PM
    I'm using the 8900 right now on ATT. Do you have acces to a BB now? If so u have to use your sim in a BB to get that added on your plan. Then u will have full function of the BB data plan. Its like 30 for unlimited.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD