I bought an 8900 Curve (UK Orange network) last week, and unlocked it to enable me use it abroad on a diferent network/sim. I then registered for Blackberry Internet Service using the Orange sim card, and although I was able to set up personal email accounts whilst in the UK, I haven't received any messages on the new sim. I have also since discovered that I can't register the PIN/IMEI again with another provider.

I'd like to be able to use the phone outside the UK, and am not sure what I can do. Do I need to unlock it again? Is there a workaround that could help? I haven't been able to access the Blackberry Messenger or Internet on the device at any time (either in the UK or abroad), and I really need the device for my email and internet access for facebook and twitter.

Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks

Diogenes
    06-30-09 02:19 PM
    A PIN can only be used by one provider at a time... you would need to have your original provider remove/release it before you change sim cards, and then register it with your new provider to get email through the new sim card... providing you have a data plan with your new provider.
    06-30-09 02:23 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! How do I get Orange to release it? Will a phone call to Customer Servcices do the trick?
    06-30-09 02:36 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! How do I get Orange to release it? Will a phone call to Customer Servcices do the trick?
    It should.
    06-30-09 02:44 PM
    Done, and I have received the text messages from Orange confirming a change to my services. However, when I try to register my PIN and IMEI with the new providers BIS, it tells me an account already exists for this device.

Is there a way to close my previous BIS account as well and re-register all over?
    07-01-09 03:49 AM
    Try resending your service books. T-Mobile has a switch device wizard on the site in your account section. Maybe your carrier does too...
    07-01-09 03:51 AM
    Orange also have a switch device section, but I don't want to use Orange anymore, and I only have the one device anyway, so if I switch using their BIS login it'll just tie me back to them.

I tried deleting my email accounts on the Orange BIS, and all it did was remove the options to switch devices or send service books. I'm getting desperate...
    07-01-09 04:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD