Frustrating/scary. I can no longer open my pictures on my media card. I used the "error checking tool" on my computer as my BB instructed, but that didn't fix the problem.

When I navigate ---- media / explore / media card / blackberry ---- my music and ringtone, etc., folders are fine.

But at the bottom, the PICTURE file has a little question mark on it and when I try to open it it says "Unable to display file/Media Card/Blackberry/pictures."

I really hope those pictures aren't deleted and are findable. Help! Thanks.
    05-16-09 09:13 PM
    Have you pulled the card out while doing a battery pull. Pull the battery while on then take the card out for 30 seconds, but it back in then the battery and give it a try. I haven't heard of this problem but doing this has helped a few MicroSD card issues.
    05-16-09 10:19 PM
    Nope, didn't work but thanks a lot for your idea, I really appreciate it.
    05-16-09 11:00 PM
    Copy the data from your berry to your computer and reformat the card? That seems to be the only way out
    05-16-09 11:45 PM
    Thank you. But when I copy the file to the computer, the pictures won't open either. So it makes me a little nervous. Thanks, maybe I'll try it...
    05-17-09 12:25 AM
    Am just aiming in the air. If you back up ur phone, i believe even the current file on the media card will be saved as is. Then you can format the card without fear. Also, since you used to see those pictures before, go to the computer log of an older back up date.Restore your phone to that date.(assuming like me you don't delete them)Sorry if i wasted your time.
    Last edited by ocavinya; 05-17-09 at 03:48 AM.
    05-17-09 03:46 AM
    Thanks for your ideas. Unfortunately, I don't think the media card was backed up -- just the phone. Does a backup back up the media card? Anyway, thanks very much and I may try a combination of your ideas!
    05-17-09 11:25 AM
    Sounds like the Error Checking software might have corrupted your images... if you can't copy them to your pc and view them, and your BB does not recognize them.
    05-17-09 11:33 AM
    Yep, unfortunately, unfortunately!, I think you are correct. Thanks...
    05-17-09 12:50 PM
    Yep, unfortunately, unfortunately!, I think you are correct. Thanks...
    I have the same issue. I just upgraded from the Curve 8330 to the Curve2 (8500). The weird thing is some of my images on my media card show up yet others don't.
    03-17-10 11:45 PM
    Have you tried reading the card with a regular card reader?
    03-18-10 07:36 PM
    I've been having the same problem, mine won't display even right after I take the pictures. I've tried many things but it keeps giving me the same "unable to display" sign

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD