Can anyone figure out why my UMA goes back to EDGE for no apparent reason? I usually fix it by either restarting or jus unchecking and checking the wifi box again. But really why would I lose my connectiong to UMA (usually happens when I wake up)

Please help me. Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 09:16 AM
    I just noticed mine did the same thing this morning. However, I did the battery pull, switched Wifi to off, and then on again, and it is still stuck on EDGE and won't switch to UMA.

I went into my wifi settings and noticed my router signal is a bit weak this morning. It may be that when the signal isn't strong enough the phone is unable to hang onto the wireless signal and switches over to EDGE a bit more. Just a thought, but I am anxious for any other feedback as well.
    04-15-09 09:19 AM
    go to mobile network options and make sure that unde connection preference, wifi preferred is selected
    04-15-09 09:31 AM
    go to mobile network options and make sure that unde connection preference, wifi preferred is selected
    Yup! I have mine set for "Wifi Preferred." I am sure that my problem was a weak signal from the router, however, this may not be the OP's problem. Thanks for the tip!
    04-15-09 10:51 AM
    Its already set that way andres

04-15-09 10:52 AM
    Try to set it to WiFi Only then.
    04-15-09 11:16 AM
    Then I'd have to switch it manually everytime I leave my house Or wifi area?

04-15-09 11:21 AM
    Then I'd have to switch it manually everytime I leave my house Or wifi area?

Yea looks like that would be the case.
    04-15-09 11:24 AM
    Please see the UMA link in my sig.
    04-15-09 11:26 AM
    You can also check the WiFi Guide link in my signature.
    04-15-09 11:28 AM
    I wish I cud see signatures on my phone!! Lol

04-15-09 02:21 PM
    04-15-09 02:33 PM
    Yup! I have mine set for "Wifi Preferred." I am sure that my problem was a weak signal from the router, however, this may not be the OP's problem. Thanks for the tip!
    no problem, your welcome
    04-15-09 03:37 PM
    Did you try restarting the router?

Just unplug it, wait 10sec, plug it back in
    04-15-09 04:15 PM
    Did you try restarting the router?

Just unplug it, wait 10sec, plug it back in
    Actually, 99% of the time, just unplugging your router doesn't do much. In order to 'reset' a router, you need to keep it plugged in and press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. This is true with Linksys along with many other manufacturers.

If all you do is unplug it, your router will still have the same settings as before.

Last edited by 3CISSBB; 04-15-09 at 04:38 PM.
    04-15-09 04:23 PM
    Actually, 99% of the time, just unplugging your router doesn't do much. In order to 'reset' a router, you need to keep it plugged in and press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. This is true with Linksys along with many other manufacturers.

If all you do is unplug it, your router will still have the same settings as before.
    I disagree with this. I think you would be surprised at how many times cycling the power on the router fixes the issue a user is having.
    04-15-09 04:27 PM
    Reset or Reboot. I have always thought of these as 2 different things.

Reset, means you reset back to factory.

Reboot means you power cycle to clear errors.

Just my 2 cents.
    04-15-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD