i am able to get a wi-fi connection @ the hospital i work at. on the top right of the screen display however says uma. what is uma? how does it differ from my EDGE?
    04-17-09 01:06 PM
    Search is your friend my friend. But I'll supply you with the gist UMA or Unlicensed Mobile Access is basically replacing your EDGE network while you're on a wifi connection. If you have TMO hotspot@home (can be any hotspot not just your home) for $10/month you can place unlimited phone calls over a wifi network. If you don't have the TMO service you can still place UMA calls but it will detract from your included plan minutes.
    04-17-09 01:13 PM
    3CISSBB is the expert when it comes to UMA. here is a link explaining it, but if you check his signature, he also has a more about UMA.

UMA
    04-17-09 01:15 PM
    3CISSBB is the expert when it comes to UMA. here is a link explaining it, but if you check his signature, he also has a more about UMA.

UMA
    Thank you so much mrtolles. That was very kind of you. I only do what I can to help out. Again, thank you!
    04-17-09 01:46 PM
    Thank you so much mrtolles. That was very kind of you. I only do what I can to help out. Again, thank you!
    I call it how i see it. I glad we have knowledgeable members like you that make Crackberry the first and only stop for any blackberry need. Thank you!
    04-17-09 01:55 PM
    I can see this thread was jumped on quickly... and by 3CISSBB...
    04-17-09 01:58 PM
    Its amazing what searching can do!
    04-17-09 02:47 PM
    Wait til another newbie searches and gets this thread....lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD