Sorry but Newbies can't post a link apparently, but here's the item# 250361937400
    Last edited by brichard; 01-27-09 at 03:55 AM.
    01-27-09 03:51 AM
    That price is ridiculous.
    01-27-09 03:58 AM
    With the Storm & Bold delayed for as long as they were and as many false dates as there was, and then the shortage of availability for both phones on 2 different carriers (RIM supply issue?), I'm guessing that bidding will continue but I'm getting it (I hope)
    01-27-09 04:06 AM
    You can get one right now with overnight shipping from SN Traders for right around $530. You can also call T-mobile and order one straight from them.
    01-27-09 04:11 AM
    kinda makes me want to unlock mine and put it up on ebay and see what kind of price i could get.........and then buy another one
    01-27-09 09:17 AM
    $635 right now... that is stupid!!! You can buy it for less straight from T-Mobile, at least in a couple weeks.
    01-27-09 09:24 AM
    cellhut.com has unlocked (T-Mo Germany) for $400
    01-27-09 09:24 AM
    First problem I see is If you buy an 8900 from anywhere outside the U.S. NO U.S. warranty. Second problem, UMA is CRUCIAL for me, but I'm seeing way to many UMA T-Mobile problem forums, it's my understanding (after speaking to T-Mobile U.S. tech dept.) that this is because you need a U.S. version to utilize UMA in the U.S. on T-Mobile. I'm not taking the risk of spending $400.00 + for a canadian/european version & I can't use the UMA & who knows what else WON'T work, not to mention what happens if I have a warranty problem (send it back to Germany at my expense both ways). If I'm incorrect about anything PLEASE reply (Who doesn't want to save a couple of bucks +)...
    Last edited by brichard; 01-27-09 at 11:36 AM.
    01-27-09 11:34 AM
    First problem I see is If you buy an 8900 from anywhere outside the U.S. NO U.S. warranty. Second problem, UMA is CRUCIAL for me, but I'm seeing way to many UMA T-Mobile problem forums, it's my understanding (after speaking to T-Mobile U.S. tech dept.) that this is because you need a U.S. version to utilize UMA in the U.S. on T-Mobile. I'm not taking the risk of spending $400.00 + for a canadian/european version & I can't use the UMA & who knows what else WON'T work, not to mention what happens if I have a warranty problem (send it back to Germany at my expense both ways). If I'm incorrect about anything PLEASE reply (Who doesn't want to save a couple of bucks +)...
    Bro, see my post above for a link to call and order directly from T-mobile USA right now. Or just spend more of your money on that phone from E-bay.

If you have a warranty issue with your phone you contact RIM, in Canada where the device was made. You have a 1 year warranty with them. This is the same regardless if you purchase your phone from Germany, England or this guy from E-bay. However if you do as I am suggesting and order the thing straight from T-mobile (who I am assuming you have service with from your information) then you can have the added insurance with them.
    01-27-09 11:54 AM
    Bro, see my post above for a link to call and order directly from T-mobile USA right now. Or just spend more of your money on that phone from E-bay.

If you have a warranty issue with your phone you contact RIM, in Canada where the device was made. You have a 1 year warranty with them. This is the same regardless if you purchase your phone from Germany, England or this guy from E-bay. However if you do as I am suggesting and order the thing straight from T-mobile (who I am assuming you have service with from your information) then you can have the added insurance with them.
    Thank you for the reply. I've been on the phone with T-Mobile for the past week 1/2 with less then no luck, 2/11 at the earliest if there's no delay. Yes, of course I could just wait, but I would like to ensure that I get 1, I don't want to wait in line only to find that they've sold out or have the same problem as the G1 incident, if you miss the first available batch having to wait for a month for the second batch to become available. Also, I just called T-Mobile about the warranty issue & was told that the information I received prior was indeed correct, any warranty or exchange issue is handled by the carrier that sold the phone, so an 8900 from Canada/Germany would have to be sent back to Canada/Germany. But thanks once again for the information.
    Last edited by brichard; 01-27-09 at 12:16 PM.
    01-27-09 12:10 PM
    If you purchase a product from RIM, who makes Blackberries, then you have a one year warranty with them. Forget the carrier you purchase the phone from. If YOU purchase a phone directly from T-mobile then they will help you out. If you get a phone second hand, which is what you are doing on E-bay, then T-mobile is not obliged to help you out. They might, they might not. In either case you have the 1 year warranty from RIM. We are trying to help you out here.

Also if you click the link I posted earlier and read through it, you can purchased an 8900 right now from T-mobile. Many have done it.
    01-27-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD