Hey Everybody
    i live in switzerland and im going to be working in australia for a couple weeks. i have a 8900, and was asking if i can just edit permission on my apps which use data roaming, because i really want to use bbm. so on facebook etc... i can just edit permmsioons to deny and it wont conect to the roaming right? and to temporaliy disable my email accounts, i have to delete them right? thanks sooooo much
    06-08-09 02:56 PM
    As far as I kno bbm uses data so if ur gonna turn off ur data u can't use bbm. Go to manage connections>mobile network options>data services>off when roaming
    Hope this helps and have a great trip

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 03:00 PM
    thanks, but do you know if i can use the edit permissions thing to turn push on facebook app to deny to not recieve facebook things if im roaming?
    06-08-09 03:02 PM
    After quickly going through options I think u can deny individual applications. I haven't tested this myself but if u go to options>advanced options>applications then find facebook for example hit the menu key and click edit permissions,I think u can deny connections to applications.
    Data roaming is expensive though so just becareful even if ur just using bbm

06-08-09 03:06 PM
    I would recommend that you get a local pre-paid SIM card for the time you are out of the country - this will be much cheaper overall.

If you do not want to do this, then I would recommend that you completely remove (or be SURE that you do not open) all 3rd party applications that use data. Also I would be sure to login to your BIS manager, go into filters on your email account(s) and choose the "Do not forward" option on there to prevent mail from being delivered to your device and using up more roaming data.
    06-08-09 05:27 PM
    I would recommend that you get a local pre-paid SIM card for the time you are out of the country - this will be much cheaper overall.

If you do not want to do this, then I would recommend that you completely remove (or be SURE that you do not open) all 3rd party applications that use data. Also I would be sure to login to your BIS manager, go into filters on your email account(s) and choose the "Do not forward" option on there to prevent mail from being delivered to your device and using up more roaming data.
    Isn't it just easier to turn data off when roaming?.

06-11-09 09:59 AM
    Isn't it just easier to turn data off when roaming?.

Sure, it would be except that the OP specifically wants to still use BBM while out and about.
    06-11-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD