i've tried sending via bluetooth my contacts from my sony k800 phone to my 8900 curve but it refuses to do it even though they are paired for 'a/v remote control'

it seems to have limited service options together.. how do you fix this issue?

i dont know how to get all the numbers across apart from copying it to a blank sim then putting that sim into the bb and copying.. very long winded.
    02-07-09 07:46 AM
    You don't need a blank sim to do that with, just use the one you have already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 08:03 AM
    it doesn't have enough space for more than 200 contacts, i have more contacts than that.. but either way how do i fix the bluetooth issue?

i cant even get it to transfer files between the 2 phones.
    02-07-09 08:12 AM
    It would be better to use Desktop Manager and a cable. Within Desktop Manager there is a Device Switch Wizard that works well for transferring information between 2 devices
    02-07-09 08:20 AM
    but that defeats the point of having/using bluetooth, the whole point of the feature is to make it easier to transfer stuff over faster wirelessly, how do i get the bluetooth fixed as it has become a redundant feature for me on this phone?

thanks
    02-07-09 09:05 AM
    does anyone know how to get the bluetooth to work properly?
    02-07-09 11:41 AM
    I think Pete gave you the best advice, you should just try the Desktop Manger device switch wizard.
    02-07-09 12:49 PM
    but isn't the whole point the bluetooth should be able to do this?

i mean for business contacts if i need to transfer details from one phone to another i can't always rely on the desktop manager to do this.. i might not be in an area which i have the desktop manager around..

what im saying is how do i fix this bluetooth problem?

cos it isn't just restricted to transferring contacts.. it's file transfers too..

thanks
    02-07-09 02:42 PM
    but isn't the whole point the bluetooth should be able to do this?

i mean for business contacts if i need to transfer details from one phone to another i can't always rely on the desktop manager to do this.. i might not be in an area which i have the desktop manager around..

what im saying is how do i fix this bluetooth problem?

cos it isn't just restricted to transferring contacts.. it's file transfers too..

thanks
    Yes, I agree, I tried moving some simpe wallpapers from my laptop to the device through BT but It dint workm gave an error as service unavailable

02-07-09 05:02 PM
    It is possible that the bluetooth connection will not work. BlackBerrys have bluetooth that is very secure and does not often wish to do more than chat to a headset. The Mac programs are able to sync over bluetooth but I have never made it work other than with a cable. Until you do make bluetooth work, the cable is your best and most reliable option.
    02-07-09 05:50 PM
    Ok I've just tested this on my personal Curve and work Nokia.

Pair both the devices. Select the contact you wish to send and choose to send via bluetooth. At the same time go to the media app on your BB and press menu and select Receive Using Bluetooth. The contact should then be transfered across to your media card. From here I used the Explore option on the Media app to locate the newly transfered file. Once I opened the file there was an option to transfer the file to my address book. A bit long winded but it did work.
    02-07-09 06:14 PM
    I just did it today.. it gave me a really hard time at first but it evenually worked after messing with it for a while. Once its paired just keep trying it will work.
    02-08-09 01:44 AM
    i went from 439 contacts

to 251...

ill be giving that device switch wizard thingy a try

but i dont know if it would work with my sidekick
    02-08-09 01:56 AM
    Ok I've just tested this on my personal Curve and work Nokia.

Pair both the devices. Select the contact you wish to send and choose to send via bluetooth. At the same time go to the media app on your BB and press menu and select Receive Using Bluetooth. The contact should then be transfered across to your media card. From here I used the Explore option on the Media app to locate the newly transfered file. Once I opened the file there was an option to transfer the file to my address book. A bit long winded but it did work.
    im doing a transfer this way from my sisters lg vx9900 to her 8330 but it will only let me do one at a time. if i do more only one comes into the blackberry folder. please help?!?
    03-24-09 04:56 PM
    i've tried sending via bluetooth my contacts from my sony k800 phone to my 8900 curve but it refuses to do it even though they are paired for 'a/v remote control'

it seems to have limited service options together.. how do you fix this issue?

i dont know how to get all the numbers across apart from copying it to a blank sim then putting that sim into the bb and copying.. very long winded.
    Try to use bbCard application
    03-27-09 08:46 PM
    Yes, I agree, I tried moving some simpe wallpapers from my laptop to the device through BT but It dint workm gave an error as service unavailable

i didn't have a problem with my mac...
    03-27-09 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD