My wife just got an 8520, and would like to have the same contacts as I do on my 8900. What is the easiest way for me to transfer my contacts to her phone? Thanks!
    04-21-10 02:38 PM
    Bluetooth would be your best bet however I had no luck with this for some reason i couldn't get it to work...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-10 06:04 PM
    Launch DM, click on Backup and Restore, make a backup of your phone, disconnect your phone. Plug her phone in, click on Backup and Restore again, click on Advanced. Her database should be on the right side of this screen. Click on File, Open. Find your backup file and double-click on it. It will now be listed on the left side. Select (highlight) "Address Book - All" from the left list, click on the button (arrows) in the middle of the screen, Yes, your address book will load into her phone.
    04-21-10 09:46 PM
    Shfjcs is right, but I keep my contacts on my desktop and just run a sync and my contacts magically appear. If you don't have Outlook or something similar where you backup your phone, the method stated above is the best bet.
    04-21-10 10:32 PM
    I too, like insman1, keep my contacts on my pc and sync using DM. I use Yahoo! Mail and Calendar, works for me.
    04-21-10 10:41 PM
    you can also use the '' Device Switch Wizard '' ... but I think ' shfjcs's ' way is clearer
    04-22-10 04:16 AM
    Launch DM, click on Backup and Restore, make a backup of your phone, disconnect your phone. Plug her phone in, click on Backup and Restore again, click on Advanced. Her database should be on the right side of this screen. Click on File, Open. Find your backup file and double-click on it. It will now be listed on the left side. Select (highlight) "Address Book - All" from the left list, click on the button (arrows) in the middle of the screen, Yes, your address book will load into her phone.
    I'm going to give this a try, and let you know how it works out. Thanks for the help!
    04-22-10 12:19 PM
    I keep my address book synced with the Outlook contacts on my desktop so I can sync any phone with it. I would suggest you sync your contacts with Outlook once so you have access to your contacts if something goes wrong.
    04-23-10 05:14 AM
    The contacts transfer worked perfectly - thanks for everyone's assistance!
    04-24-10 03:16 PM
    that's why we are here
    04-25-10 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD