06-18-09 02:43 AM
34 12
tools
    I know I changed the profile
    06-17-09 12:59 PM
    oh... ok!!! hehe
    06-17-09 01:15 PM
    Even the iPhone only had 128 of internal memory until this 3Gs. It does kinda erk me that phones have such a small amount of internal memory. If they can make 32GB micro SD cards and now 64GB cards, I don't see why they can't put that kind of memory right into the phone.

But I'll be happy with 110mb free on my 8900 and a 16GB card.
    Having been a computer systems programmer/engineer/consultant/etc for the past 40 years, I have learned one truth about memory: Programmers will develop software/firmware to use all availble memory, and then require cache to make it work.....
    06-17-09 02:22 PM
    If coverage is good in your area and you like the phone there shouldn't be any reason not to get it. I've had the 8900 for about 3 weeks and it truly is a very good device. I haven't found anything not to like about it yet. I had a chance to wait and get the Tour but my reasons not to were mainly because its bigger and heavier, form factor being important to me, and I like to have wifi.
    I had tmobile and the only place I didn't get service was work. But I work nights so who really cares right? Thanks for your help! I slept on it and decided I'm going to get the 8900 today!
    06-17-09 04:05 PM
    I will probably sound like a complete loser...but I live in a pretty small town in Texas its about an hour south of Houston, and I have no EDGE down here...just plain ol' GPRS....I have to say though my internet is pretty darn fast. My boyfriends brother has at&t and 3G and my internet was actually faster than his. I had an iPhone and it was a pretty cool phone, but I think maybe just a tad over-rated. I have a 8900 now and LOVE it...I was actually just contemplating getting the new iPhone but I think I'll stick with my bb for now. Good Luck!!!
    06-17-09 05:37 PM
    I will probably sound like a complete loser...but....
    I wouldn't say you're a complete loser. Having recently been to Texas on a RV trip, we stayed in some pretty small towns, where service was minimal. This picture gives a hint towards one of them....

But, I never regretted having the Edge Technology, and I never lost access to my email messages on any of the 8 accounts linked to the BB. And, the GPS worked beautifully. It was so nice while staying outside Fredericksburg to be able to look up restaurants within the local area and then call them to see if they were open and/or needed reservations, etc. It all just seamlessly flows....that's the BB!

Did I mention that I LOVE the BB? And, if you haven't had the opportunity to visit the Hill Country of Texas in the Spring and see the flowers, you have to make time to do it - it is well worth the trip!

BTW, I was always told that it impossible to be Total (complete) loser....
    06-17-09 06:01 PM
    I wouldn't say you're a complete loser. Having recently been to Texas on a RV trip, we stayed in some pretty small towns, where service was minimal. This picture gives a hint towards one of them....

But, I never regretted having the Edge Technology, and I never lost access to my email messages on any of the 8 accounts linked to the BB. And, the GPS worked beautifully. It was so nice while staying outside Fredericksburg to be able to look up restaurants within the local area and then call them to see if they were open and/or needed reservations, etc. It all just seamlessly flows....that's the BB!

Did I mention that I LOVE the BB? And, if you haven't had the opportunity to visit the Hill Country of Texas in the Spring and see the flowers, you have to make time to do it - it is well worth the trip!

BTW, I was always told that it impossible to be Total (complete) loser....
    haha well thanks for that....At least here where I live we have a post office with A.C. and a robot that helps ship off packages when the insides closed. I guess that can be considered a step-up.
    06-17-09 06:49 PM
    I got my 8900 today and so far love it! Haven't had a chance to play with it because I was busy, but I do have a question. How do you look at a picture message if someone sends you one?
    06-18-09 01:03 AM
    I just recently bough the 8900, which is a nice phone. I also have an iphone 3g.
    Though to be honest I think the iphone overall is slightly better.

First the look of the os, apps, email, sms, calender, browser to me are more polished looking.
    Second though I have not customized the 8900 yet, from what I am reading and from personal experiance the iphone is so vast and customizable and has a tremendously large community towards that.
    Third to me the virtual keyboard once you get used to it is so much faster and more comfortable to type with.

Because my iphone was jailbroken I was lacking in no feature tha blackberry has, so to me its not a valid argument.

I will say though that the blackberry to me is more business oriented and professional looking and even feels that way.

In the end I think the iphone is a better all around device (mini computer) than the 8900, but to be honest I like gadgets and enjoy them both in different ways.

just my two cents
    06-18-09 02:43 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD