This morning I was checking my texts and noticed that texts weren't with my messages folder and I was like uhh ok. I looked in the sms messages folder under view folder and saw them there. I can't receive any new ones and when I send one it just sets there on my end but still sends. When I try looking at the sms outbox folder I get an error message uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException. Any ideas what I can do from my phone since I won't be home for awhile? I have tried battery pulls and resending service books.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 07:22 AM
    Not sure why you are getting the NullPointerException... unless you are using a non-stock theme... some themes have been know to have some problems.

Go into your message icon > BB Menu > Options > General Options > then check SMS and Email Inboxes: this should be set to Combined if you want to see emails and SMS messages in the Message icon.
    04-17-09 07:30 AM
    Yeah... I would also try changing back to one of the default themes and then do the battery pull.... see if that helps.
    04-17-09 07:34 AM
    Forgot to mention on os 5.0 (a week now) no precious issues with texts, have the folder set to combined and using stock theme.

04-17-09 08:04 AM
    Sorry, the only thing I can say about this early version of OS 5.0 is I will NEVER use it... I've seen too many people have problems with this OS and ask how they can get back to an Official OS like .206 or .199.
    04-17-09 08:07 AM
    I think the 5.0 OS is your issue
    04-17-09 08:08 AM
    Weird that if that's what it was its coming up after its been in use a little and no one else has had the issue. I can get message now, but still have to go thru menus to get them. Haven't had any other issues with 5.0 though. Word wrap is awesome :d

04-17-09 08:32 AM
    Yeah I wish I had word wrap.....but..... Not ready to jump on 5.0 yet.

04-17-09 08:36 AM
    Sometimes it absolutely kills me to see and read about someone running an Alpha build OS and then post problems they're having. I mean....come on. If you have the need to feel cool installing and running an Alpha, why come on here and ask about problems when common sense seems to be the problem.

Hint: v5.0 IS A LEAKED ALPHA OS. It's gonna have problems. Use your brain for something other than a doorstop!

BTW: Alpha and Beta software is for 'Testers and developers', so that they can find bugs, check compatibility issues and so forth. Alpha and Beta versions aren't generally for 'normal or average' users. That's why every Alpha or Beta release or post says 'Install at your own risk'. Here is yet another perfect example!
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 04-17-09 at 09:35 AM.
    04-17-09 09:22 AM
    Dude chill sorry you feel you have to let me have it. I know its a beta and its not the first I've used nor will it be the last. I was asking because someone else may have encountered the same problem and found a way to fix it. A lot of people were have issues with the calendar but there was a fix for it. Go back to the old saying. If you don't have nothing nice to say then shut up. I knew I would bugs but honestly other than some random resets (which have seemed to stop) this beta has been good to me.

04-17-09 09:46 AM
    Dude chill sorry you feel you have to let me have it. I know its a beta and its not the first I've used nor will it be the last. I was asking because someone else may have encountered the same problem and found a way to fix it. A lot of people were have issues with the calendar but there was a fix for it. Go back to the old saying. If you don't have nothing nice to say then shut up. I knew I would bugs but honestly other than some random resets (which have seemed to stop) this beta has been good to me.

Then why didn't you post your question/problem in the BETA thread? This is the regular 8900 section. If you KNOW it's not official (and it's not a Beta, it's an Alpha build btw), then why wouldn't you have posted in the 'Beta' discussion thread for your answers?! I guess I expect to much from people. I grew up in an age where people were expected to use common sense. I suppose that's a thing of the past.
    04-17-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD