6 weeks ago my 8900's trackball decided it didnt want to play anymore and seemed to just die.

Took the phone to local t-mob store and was told that it had to go for repair (great).

3 weeks later I get Message to tell me it back in the store and i can go collect it. Got it home charged it up and bang, they had replaced my old broken 8900 with a new BROKEN 8900 (trackball again).

Again, into the local t-mob store on same day to get it sent off again.

Get a phone call last friday (just under 6 weeks of the start) we are now processing ur phone and going to send it off for repair or replacement, but we are getting the blackberry rep involved.

Anyone else had problems like this where a phone has been replaced with another broken phone.

I am still waiting for my phone now and as i say it going to be nearly 8 - 10 weeks without my addiction.
    05-27-09 05:04 AM
    There's obviously an underlined issue with the device itself, tell them to change it for a new device, it's been sent off twice so they should change it for you! It's obvious that they aren't going to be able to fix it for you.

BTW I'm Orange UK...
    05-27-09 06:14 AM
    I worked for T-mobile UK for some time.

Im sad to say the timescale youre waiting isnt uncommon. This is usually due to the poor returns and repairs system some stores use. Repairs have to be booked out to the warehouse along with any returns or stock recall. Unfortunatley it doesnt always happen that way.

I'm also pretty sure that their local blackberry rep wont have any say in this process.

The standard repair time should be 10 working days. I would advise you to make a bit of a stink about how long you have been waiting and see what you can get as an appology.

What are are you in?
    05-27-09 02:29 PM
    There's obviously an underlined issue with the device itself, tell them to change it for a new device, it's been sent off twice so they should change it for you! It's obvious that they aren't going to be able to fix it for you.

BTW I'm Orange UK...
    With T-mobile a phone has to have been repaired three times before a replacement can be reuested. sad but true
    05-27-09 02:30 PM
    Wow, you guys have to get it repaired before receiving a replacement? For T-Mobile USA, all you do is call in, do some troubleshooting and if that doesnt work, they send you a replacement phone and you send the old one back...
    05-27-09 03:20 PM
    I have spoken to a few managers at T-mob today, and all they can do is give me 1 months free line rental (whoopee doo).

I told them straight if it aint fixed this time, the contyract is being cancelled under the consumer act (I am not getting the services I am paying for).

Why when I get the daddy of all phones and have never had problem with T-Mob, does it start with this great phone. (Just my luck lol).
    05-28-09 05:18 PM
    How long have you had the handset?
    05-28-09 05:36 PM
    Messed up 5 weeks into the contract (typical - fails just after the 1 month return or exchange).

Spoken to anoither manager at my local store today, he not happy with what going on, and is trying to get me a brand new phone for replacement. Lets hope so otherwise they gonna loose a 8 year customer.
    05-29-09 07:08 PM
    Messed up 5 weeks into the contract (typical - fails just after the 1 month return or exchange).

Spoken to anoither manager at my local store today, he not happy with what going on, and is trying to get me a brand new phone for replacement. Lets hope so otherwise they gonna loose a 8 year customer.
    FYI returning the handset after the 28 day returns period is at managers discression.
    05-29-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD