So i got the Blackberry Curve 8900 for T-Mobile, i got the unlock code from T-Mobile, so i could use it on my AT&T account.

When i put my AT&T sim card in, everything worked, but i couldnt see the Set Up Email icon, which really bugged me.

Was wondering if anyone could help me.

Thanks.
    02-05-09 01:53 AM
    Did you setup a Blackberry data plan on your AT&T account?
    02-05-09 01:57 AM
    Ofcourse i have a data plan.
    02-05-09 01:58 AM
    I asked because a common problem I see in the forums is when people did not get their data plan setup first. I was not trying to offend you in any way.

In that case, if I were you, I would login to the website and then change your PIN in there. Before you do that, make sure your phone is registered on the network:

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    02-05-09 02:01 AM
    Did that also LOL
    Nothing showed up....but i was receiving emails which was strange.
    Any other suggestions?
    02-05-09 02:02 AM
    You are receiving your emails correctly but you still want to see the email setup icon? Is it hidden? Menu > Show All (also it is located in the "Setup" folder in the new OS)
    02-05-09 02:08 AM
    LOL i checked it my friend.
    Im a crackberry master like yourself (just without the posts)
    Im going to private msg you my pin.
    02-05-09 02:11 AM
    Did you change the apn settings and ssend the service books from AT&T to enable the email config book?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 08:31 AM
    I used the phone switcher on Desktop manager, which transferred all of my emails from my 8310 to the 8900, but I still wasn't getting email. I had to go into the BIS website and change my pin to the new phone and immediately started getting emails.

When I originally started up my 8900, it had all the start-up stuff under one icon and it would only setup a BES email.
    02-05-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD