I have a Samsung Behold right now and i get a new phone every few months because I'm simply not happy with the features and abilities.

I'm thinking of getting a Blackberry 8900. It looks to be close to the same features I have now.

I've heard from current blackberry users that you can't send an MMS message, instant message with AIM, MSN, or Yahoo...and that the browser sucks..oh and that you can't record video..

I've seen at Tmobile's website that this records video, but what about the other stuff?

I'm also afraid to change phone and spend $500 on something that isn't worth it..what do you guys think?

Thanks!
    03-09-09 12:17 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

The 8900 is great. You CAN use MMS, Instant Message with all those listed and more and you can record videos. The browser isn't the best but it is still good and has improved over past BB Browsers. Plus you can get 3rd party browsers that you may enjoy more.
    03-09-09 12:24 AM
    I've heard from current blackberry users that you can't send an MMS message, instant message with AIM, MSN, or Yahoo...and that the browser sucks..oh and that you can't record video..
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a troll. You've "heard" from the wrong people.
    03-09-09 12:26 AM
    Well I don't know why those other blackberry users can't send MMS message, instant message with AIM, MSN, or Yahoo. All those messengers are available on the 8900 and i don't have any problems with it. Also, you can record videos with the 8900 as well as take awesome shots. Since the behold has a larger LCD screen, like the iphone, you'll be sacrificing a bit of convenience when it comes to viewing websites but I don't mind because the resolution makes up for it in my opinion. 8900 is pretty much the best messaging phone but browser wise it's not at the top.
    03-09-09 12:28 AM
    thanks guys! nah im not a troll..

i tried to read through other threads but ran short on time so i just went ahead and posted hoping you would all forgive me lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 01:11 AM
    I'm guessing the people you had talked to either didn't have a BB plan or it wasn't set up correctly. The IM clients on a BB use a data pipe that is seperate from SMS.

03-09-09 01:17 AM
    ive also heard that the trackball goes bad really fast (like within 6 mos) from my boyfriend who used to sell them..

03-09-09 01:28 AM
    ive also heard that the trackball goes bad really fast (like within 6 mos) from my boyfriend who used to sell them..

That's very subjective and depends on the user. Sounds like you really have received much bad advise from people. Besides, a new trackball costs less than $10.
    03-09-09 01:32 AM
    still i dont want to replace it every few months.

i may have gotten some bad advise, but thats why im asking you guys because you guys arent going to BS me trying to sell a phone and stuff.

03-09-09 01:37 AM
    Try the Opera mini browser, way faster!
    03-09-09 01:54 AM
    I say go for it...you definitely won't be disappointed. This phone is very versatile and has something to offer all of it's users!

03-09-09 02:09 AM
    and from what ive been reading around here, if theres something you dont really like about it, you can just download an app to "fix" it?

03-09-09 02:17 AM

Considering the fact that this particular BB has been out for what? less than two months? And not all track balls are exactly the same; I'd really like to know where they got that idea from. All moving parts eventually wear out, but that being said I have yet to have a trackball wear out on me on any of my BB's.
    03-09-09 02:18 AM
    I have never had a trackball wear out on me and I have had quite a few BBs.
    Considering the fact that this particular BB has been out for what? less than two months? And not all track balls are exactly the same; I'd really like to know where they got that idea from. All moving parts eventually wear out, but that being said I have yet to have a trackball wear out on me on any of my BB's.
    03-09-09 02:34 AM
    The 8900 is great and I've no problems with any of your below mentioned functions/apps.

(Perhaps the users you have referenced don't have the BB data plan or do not have their BB feature enabler on their account in order to MMS.)
    03-09-09 05:08 AM
    I have an 8900, it's great, no problems so far! I was like you before I made the move to BlackBerry (This is my second 'Berry, I had a Pearl before the Curve) and I haven't wanted to go out and buy a phone every few months my 'Berry truly satisfies my hunger for niffty little gadgets! Once you go Berry you don't go back! I have found this out for myself now, never again do I want a phone that isn't a BlackBerry! xD

BTW: Enjoy whichever phone/'Berry which you decide to get. Though I do HIGHLY recommend the 8900 you wont be disappointed.
    03-09-09 05:15 AM
    I have a Samsung Behold right now and i get a new phone every few months because I'm simply not happy with the features and abilities.

I'm thinking of getting a Blackberry 8900. It looks to be close to the same features I have now.

I've seen at Tmobile's website that this records video, but what about the other stuff?

I'm also afraid to change phone and spend $500 on something that isn't worth it..what do you guys think?

Thanks!
    Wow, I could've written this post! I also change my phone far too often for my bank manager's liking lol usually because I get bored or something newer and shinier with more or less buttons comes out.

But, I've just emigrated to BB - and I don't think I'm ever gonna leave! I LOVE THIS PHONE!

I've also downloaded Windows Live Messenger on mine and it works flawlessly (haven't tried AIM or yahoo because I simply don't use those anymore, but I do know of several third party apps that'll allow you to sign into all of them together from one interface), I love the BlackBerry Messenger - just need to find people who will add me then TALK to me instead of adding me to make their contact lists look impressive lol!

Definitely go for it, it's a great phone and if you decide you don't like it, there are plenty of people on here who want one and will buy it from you!
    03-09-09 05:16 AM
    Hey Puddytat_Purr,
    Noticed your a UK user, if I download MSN messenger will it just run on my data plan - I have an unlimited data plan with BBM, Email and Internet?
    03-09-09 05:18 AM
    The blackberry 8900 is a very good bb, so is the 8800 and the bold.
    Any bb you get should do the job for you.
    03-09-09 05:24 AM
    Hey Puddytat_Purr,
    Noticed your a UK user, if I download MSN messenger will it just run on my data plan - I have an unlimited data plan with BBM, Email and Internet?
    Hiya FobBerry

Yeah, I've got the BB data plan so technically your phone is on all the time (for messenger and e-mail), right? Therefore messenger should run too.

Mine's on all the time anyway, if I disappear in a few weeks it's because my bill came in and they charged me loads of money so I slashed my wrists LOL

PS Windows Live works lovely on the BB, but the only thing I've got a problem with is that you can't send messages to offline users
    03-09-09 05:28 AM
    Cool, yeah that's what I was worrying about the bill at the end of the month! Someone else told me that all IM's run from the data plan, I hope so! Thanks for your help though
    03-09-09 05:31 AM
    I say, just make the switch from behold to 8900... my buddy recently sold his behold to get the 8900...
    03-09-09 07:11 AM
    Get the 8900. You won't know for sure until you try it yourself.

03-09-09 07:13 AM
    I have never had a trackball wear out on me and I have had quite a few BBs
    I second that.

03-09-09 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD