Hello all, I am new to the community and just got the new curve 8900. One of the things that I have always hoped to do is find a phone that will allow all the text messages sent and received to be stored on the microSD card. I hope its not to bizarre but I think that when I get old it might be good to have these to look back on my life. I found the option for messages to "store forever" and enabled it...but I am thinking that the internal device memory will eventually become full. Does anyone out there have any expierence with this or know how to either get the messages stored on the microSD card or another way to save them permanently? Thanks all !!
    12-14-08 12:03 AM
    Yeah leaving the option set to forever is poor management and will eventually result in messages being deleted. There is no way to save them to a microsd card.

I would suggest looking into Dex Rex. They have a service that will work to save a copy on their server for you.

https://www.dexrex.com/
    12-14-08 12:05 AM
    Although its kind of a backwards way to look at it. Maybe you could save select msgs you would like to keep and send them to yourself in an email or something along those lines. I have mine set to stay forever but delete them every night. Just an idea
    12-14-08 01:26 AM
    interesting

i wouldnt mind saving convo's

and messages
    12-14-08 02:21 PM
    Yeah leaving the option set to forever is poor management and will eventually result in messages being deleted. There is no way to save them to a microsd card.

I would suggest looking into Dex Rex. They have a service that will work to save a copy on their server for you.

https://www.dexrex.com/
    I've been using dexrex and it works very well. I like it and it hasn't caused any memory issues on my pearl. As long as you're not exchanging top secret government or personal information then I suggest giving it a shot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 10:31 AM
    Someone also posted an automated program a while back that would automatically forward all SMS to your email so you have a permanent record like that but I have no idea of the name or link, anyone know what Im referring to??
    12-15-08 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD