So I changed the housing for my 8900.

Used all stuff from the original housing but now there are some problems, still after checking it over and over again.

Both speakers don't work.
    Flashlight is not working.

So I guess the connection between the phone and the speaker and flashlight isn't good and the other speaker is just broken.

- Any ideas?
    - Can I use the back speaker for the ear speaker?

Thanks!
    10-20-09 11:57 AM
    Read the link in my sig. You may have damaged the phone beyond repair.

The light is hard wired directly into the main board so there are only two real possibilities. Either you tried to physically wrench it of fthe board, or you didn't follow my sig and fried something critical.
    10-20-09 12:01 PM
    Read the link in my sig. You may have damaged the phone beyond repair.

The light is hard wired directly into the main board so there are only two real possibilities. Either you tried to physically wrench it of fthe board, or you didn't follow my sig and fried something critical.
    If they fried something then the phone would not work, not just speakers and light.

My guess is they either broke the solder point on the board, maybe pinched the wire during the 'put back together' phase or simply wasn't careful and damaged something.

But NOTHING is beyond repair. Everything can be fixed. Everything and anything. Every single part is commercially available.
    10-20-09 12:20 PM
    Thanks guys.

Any of you know if the speakers are similair?
    10-20-09 12:40 PM
    If they fried something then the phone would not work, not just speakers and light.
    Actually ESD damage is most commonly characterized by a crippling of some type of functionality. Yes, sometimes everything stops, but most often the hardware is partially damaged. We see it all the time here when someone mishandles our electronics or they take an over voltage from a lightning strike.
    10-20-09 12:44 PM
    Actually ESD damage is most commonly characterized by a crippling of some type of functionality. Yes, sometimes everything stops, but most often the hardware is partially damaged. We see it all the time here when someone mishandles our electronics or they take an over voltage from a lightning strike.
    Well, got a little update here. I do hear the speaker but it sounds terrible noisy and soft....

I only hear the speaker which sounds the ringtone etc. is that the one on the back??
    Last edited by 27k; 10-20-09 at 12:57 PM.
    10-20-09 12:53 PM
    What a bunch of doom and gloomers.

The speaker is a part of the case as I remember and connects to the mainboard via pressure sensors. I have not actually dismantled my 8900 so I do NOT know for sure.

I am guessing here but I think that the flashlight is the same.

What radius says is true, static electricity is a known killer of modern electronic devices and his thread is a must read before you dismantle your phone.

3CISSBB is also correct although I would choose the word resurect rather than repair since a new motherboard makes your 8900 a different phone.

Open up your phone and do thet. electronics engineer best fault finder. The mark-one eyeball check. Look hard and carefully at the internals of your phone. Make sure that everything is properly located where it should be. I have found more electronic faults with my eyes that with any other instrument. Mind you, I used to design tube amps.

If all else fails, put it all back the way ot was and try to get your carrier to replace the phone under warranty.
    10-20-09 01:08 PM
    What a bunch of doom and gloomers.

The speaker is a part of the case as I remember and connects to the mainboard via pressure sensors. I have not actually dismantled my 8900 so I do NOT know for sure.

I am guessing here but I think that the flashlight is the same.

What radius says is true, static electricity is a known killer of modern electronic devices and his thread is a must read before you dismantle your phone.

3CISSBB is also correct although I would choose the word resurect rather than repair since a new motherboard makes your 8900 a different phone.

Open up your phone and do thet. electronics engineer best fault finder. The mark-one eyeball check. Look hard and carefully at the internals of your phone. Make sure that everything is properly located where it should be. I have found more electronic faults with my eyes that with any other instrument. Mind you, I used to design tube amps.

If all else fails, put it all back the way ot was and try to get your carrier to replace the phone under warranty.
    Thanks, by checking it I noticed the problem will be the plate between those speakers, as I replaced it in the new housing.

I can't place it in the original because of those plastic holders which can be used just one time, can I?
    10-20-09 02:19 PM
    Thanks, by checking it I noticed the problem will be the plate between those speakers, as I replaced it in the new housing.

I can't place it in the original because of those plastic holders which can be used just one time, can I?
    I regret to say that I do not know as I have never opened up my 8900. At the top of this forum are take apart instructions and I am sure that YouTube will have a vid that should help.

I am glad that things are at least partially working.
    10-20-09 03:30 PM
    I regret to say that I do not know as I have never opened up my 8900. At the top of this forum are take apart instructions and I am sure that YouTube will have a vid that should help.

I am glad that things are at least partially working.
    Me too!

Took the multimeter, there is signal when playing sound so the motherboard is okay I guess.
    Also tested both speakers, 1 doesn't do anything and the other produces some sound but very bad quality.

I guess I broke both speakers so I'm going to order two new ones.
    As I saw the speakers in the housing, how can I pull of the 'plastic' thin 'skin' which came of the speakers but is now still on the housing?
    10-21-09 02:17 AM
    I know you probably checked, but when my husband changed out my housing my flashligh didn't work. He forgot to switch out the bulb since the new housing didn't come with one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 03:01 AM
    I know you probably checked, but when my husband changed out my housing my flashligh didn't work. He forgot to switch out the bulb since the new housing didn't come with one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah thanks, as I see you've got a 8300 it's a bit different, but thanks!

Ordered new speakers so waiting for them now... I really don't know how to install them nicely, anyone?!
    10-22-09 02:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD