Hi, yesterday I got a phone call, so my ringtone was ringing and then suddenly the sound of the ringtone become very small. I thought it was a temporary problem. After finished talking on the phone, I tried to call to my 8900 and the ringtone become small like it was. Then I tried battery pull. Test the ring again and still the same. I also tried to play music and the sound is as small as the ringtone. All volume level already at the highest but all music and ringtones are so small, they cannot go any louder.
    Anyone knows what happen to my speaker? Did I blow a speaker or something?
    Thanks for any help.
    03-09-10 12:18 PM
    Same thing happened here after upgrading to OS 5.0
    03-09-10 10:22 PM
    have you upgraded your housing/body?
    03-10-10 04:45 AM
    I never even opened my screw before. It is a virgin casing. This happened even before I updated to OS 5. It just suddenly happen. Any idea?
    03-10-10 08:13 AM
    any water damage? dropped the phone at any time?
    these phones are EXTREMELY sensative to moisture.. just one drop in the right spot and you'll lose a speaker
    03-10-10 12:25 PM
    So far I can't remember that I ever dropped any water or liquid to the phone. But it is possible that could happened, I might happen to put the phone over a moist ground or something. Thanks for the info.
    Anyway, I have made up my mind to sell the phone away. Planning give the onyx a try.
    03-11-10 08:13 AM
    Go to settings- options- sound and ringtones- check and make sure your play volume isn't set too low.
    Good luck
    03-12-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD