Hi all,
    First i would like to tell you that i am very new user user of blackberry curve 8900, in past i have used different platforms. This is my first time to use blackberry, I have some query plz. advise me :-

1. I have secured home wi-fi network, when i unsecured my home wifi network my bb 8900 connected with that nd i can use web browsing but whenever i did secured wifi network nd try to web browing in bb 8900 , it does not connect. I have also entered WEP key in that but not connected plz, advise me how to connect secured wifi (WEP Enabled ) network on to my bb8900.

2. Second is about Bluetooth, whenever i tried to connect with my second SE W950i , it does not connect and whenever i tried to connect my nokia E90 communicator or my bluetooth enabled laptop , it connected. I dont whats problem with my or SE phone,every time i searched in both phone but no device found. Plz. advise me

Sorry for wrong enligsh, but waiting for your advise
    06-18-09 02:32 AM
    1.) make sure the old wi-fi profile is deleted and try the setup process again. also, try a battery pull.

2.) to connect via bluetooth, both phones have to be paired. when you say connect, do you already have it paired? make sure you put the phone in discoverable mode.
    06-18-09 02:50 AM
    hi,
    thanx for advice, i have delete old unscured wifi profile from my bb 8900, tell me how long time i have to pull battery ??
    Yes i did same procedure with SE w950 as i did in Nokia e90 and laptop , but not found in both cellfones ??
    06-18-09 03:18 AM
    you ban pull it for 20-30 seconds. that should be fine. i dont know what the bluetooth issue could be caused by.
    06-18-09 03:23 AM
    ok i dit it for 30-35 minutes and also deleted old unsecured profile and scanned new secured profile and also inserted WEP key and tried to connect with hotspot wifi login but it shows THIS IS A WIFI SERVICE, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR DEVICE HAS AN ACTIVE WIFI CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN.

I want to say if they appears this error so how my device searched secured wifi , can i made sumthing wrong . PLzzz help me
    06-18-09 03:37 AM
    im not familiar with the "hotspot" login. cant you just make it a regular profile? what carrier do you have?
    06-18-09 03:45 AM
    I am in India and using unlocked with Idea cellular phones, but m trying to say that if i browsed in unsecured network so how i am not browsing with secured network ??
    06-18-09 03:48 AM
    most likely because you are not connecting to it.
    06-18-09 04:04 AM
    When you log into your router it should have a wifi section. It should ask you for a code that you either put in the phone or in the router screen. I just set mine up a few days ago. You don't use your WEP key.
    06-18-09 04:12 AM
    When you log into your router it should have a wifi section. It should ask you for a code that you either put in the phone or in the router screen. I just set mine up a few days ago. You don't use your WEP key.
    i used a WEP key when i set up the 3 networks i used. scanned, selected, prompted for a WEP key, saved it as a profile.
    06-18-09 04:14 AM
    I have a Linksys Router and when you log into the router it has a section for wifi protection set up. When i set up the wifi on my 8900 it gave me a Wifi Security Pin # that i put into the wifi part of my router configuration screen. That was all i had to do to set it up.
    06-18-09 04:19 AM
    i used WEP key and tried HOTSPOT wifi login but still shows same error
    06-18-09 04:20 AM
    when you go into manage connections did you scan for networks? You don't go into Hotspot connections.

Scan for networks, when it finds it your BB will give you a PIN number.

You enter that PIN number into your router. Do you know how to log into your router configuration screen?
    06-18-09 04:23 AM
    I have a Linksys Router and when you log into the router it has a section for wifi protection set up. When i set up the wifi on my 8900 it gave me a Wifi Security Pin # that i put into the wifi part of my router configuration screen. That was all i had to do to set it up.
    my parents home network tried to do that to me too. i clicked "no" or something when it asked if i wanted to do that or not. it just proceeded to the WEP key part. doing that pin#, 5 minutes to add it to your router is garbage and not needed in order to set up the network. just bypass it and go right to the WEK key.
    06-18-09 04:38 AM
    Well, It worked for me, i was set up with my wifi in literally 2 mins.
    06-18-09 04:44 AM
    i used WEP key and tried HOTSPOT wifi login but still shows same error
    dont click on Hotspot wifi, click on the name of your home router/network's name. if your router is labeled at "Home Router" click on that and log in. Hotspot is for when you are at a hotspot in like a cafe or something. you are trying to log into the wrong network.
    06-18-09 05:10 AM
    Whenever i scanned for network i does not give any PIN number to me ( i am using nokia seimens wifi router ) nd i dont know log into our router configuration screen

when you go into manage connections did you scan for networks? You don't go into Hotspot connections.

Scan for networks, when it finds it your BB will give you a PIN number.

You enter that PIN number into your router. Do you know how to log into your router configuration screen?
    06-18-09 05:53 AM
    scan for networks. do you see you network listed???? WHATS THE NAME OF YOUR HOME NETWORK? click it, type in your WEP key, save the profile, connect to the network, enjoy. this isnt hard bro.
    06-18-09 06:17 AM
    Jhas is the name of my home secured network, and when i scanned and entered wep key and save profile and then go to the browser still it shows error

scan for networks. do you see you network listed???? WHATS THE NAME OF YOUR HOME NETWORK? click it, type in your WEP key, save the profile, connect to the network, enjoy. this isnt hard bro.
    06-18-09 07:52 AM
    are you positive you are typing in the correct key? what does the error say exactly?
    06-18-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD