I have asked this question within another thread but maybe its getting missed.

I have no LED flashing after a missed call, is this normal ?

I have a red one for an email or text but nothing for missed call.

My profile is set to "normal" and within the settings "repeat notification" is set to "LED Flashing". Doesn't this mean that the LED should flash after the missed call ?

Running version 101.
    03-06-09 04:08 PM
    Try a battery pull. If that doesn't fix it then probably want to consider updating the OS. The latest OS is in the sticky at the top of the forum and the procedure link is in my signature.
    03-06-09 04:14 PM
    You should have a missed call red LED flashing on your 8900. Have you upgraded your OS lately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 04:17 PM
    You should have a missed call red LED flashing on your 8900. Have you upgraded your OS lately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I haven't upgraded the OS at all, BUT I have done a "device data transfer" because I had my first 8900 replaced today as the headphone jack was faulty.

Try a battery pull. If that doesn't fix it then probably want to consider updating the OS. The latest OS is in the sticky at the top of the forum and the procedure link is in my signature.
    Voadafone uk are showing version 133 as their latest. If I use the sticky at the top (which is newer) will I lose all the Vodafone stuff thats loaded on the phone like Vodafone Live etc ?

I also found this thread asking a similar question and nobody mentioned that there should be a red flashing LED ?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/mi...ll-led-174540/

Maybe I'll just do the upgrade and see what happens. I hope I haven't got another dud phone :-(
    Last edited by bully74uk; 03-06-09 at 04:32 PM.
    03-06-09 04:27 PM
    Upgrade the phone, you will be fine after you re-send the service books to your device. Follow the link in my signature and it will guide you to getting backups before you upgrade. If you have problems you can always revert back to the current OS that is on your phone and then restore your backups to that.
    03-06-09 04:40 PM
    Right, ive upgraded the handset to 133 which is the latest official vodafone uk version and I still haven't got a red LED to notify a missed call !

Any ideas ?

Is this a faulty unit ?

Just to clarify, I get a red LED flashing whilst the phone is ringing but no LED after to indicate the missed call

Seems Im not the only one: Why do I not have a Missed Call LED on my 8900 - PinStack.com and http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=174540 but there are conflicting reports as some on here are saying they get the red flashing LED after to indicate the missed call ???
    Last edited by bully74uk; 03-06-09 at 05:58 PM.
    03-06-09 05:49 PM
    My 8900 does not blink its LED when a call is missed.

Have to install MissingLight to have that function.
    03-06-09 07:43 PM
    Nope... no red light here either for a missed call
    03-06-09 07:51 PM
    no red light here either. Would love one though
    03-06-09 08:29 PM
    Thats good enough for me guys thanks.

Checking out a trial of bbalerts but may go for the cheaper missinglight option.
    03-06-09 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD