View Poll Results: Worth It?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

32 84.21%
  • no

6 15.79%
    I heard that the sere is no screen protection with the Javelin as there is like the 83XX. I haven't received my Javelin yet as I have been waiting for a week from Rogers. They apparently BILLED the information to UPS since Tuesday and i'm guessing it's just sitting there in the WH

Anyways I want to make sure that it's worth it to get a screen protector. Can someone please advise to this? I never had one on my 8310 as I knew I could just change the faceplate after, but now I'm uneasy especially with a phone like the Javelin coming to me.
    Last edited by dlo; 04-16-09 at 07:45 PM.
    04-16-09 07:42 PM
    Yes please do get a screen protector when you scratch the screen your actually scatching the lcd.
    04-16-09 08:21 PM
    Yeah, Most Screen protectors are extremely clear and effective. Why not...?

Here's one to check out
    04-16-09 08:24 PM
    The Invisibile Shield by is the way to go. It eliminates the need for any other case, shell, skin, etc. I had one for a year and a half on my Pearl 8120, I took it off yesterday when I switched to my 8900. The year and a half old phone looked like new - even though I have bounced it off concrete several times along with other abuse.
    04-16-09 09:06 PM
    I just ordered a privacy screen protector yesterday and I wish I did it sooner!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 09:08 PM
    ALWAYS buy a screen protector. It's $5 to save your priceless screen.
    04-16-09 10:43 PM
    Yes you need a screen protector. The display on the 8900 is the actual screen has no lens over it. If you scratch it you will need a new screen or will have to live with the scratch.

I like the Clarivue crystal clear screen protector.

04-16-09 10:47 PM
    how could it possibly NOT be worth it?! It's $7 and if you decide you hate it, take it off!

go to Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page and hook yourself up. Check out my my signature for some pics of my Curve with one.
    04-16-09 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Its just that with the 83XX series I just never saw a point because you could replace the faceplate correct?
    Hmm is there any adhesive residue when you either remove the Invisible Shield or Clarivue crystal clear screen protector?

04-16-09 11:03 PM
    I had the BSE (same as the IS) and removed it without any residue. The Clarivie doesn't use any adhesive but out of the two I absolutely love the Clarivue 100% better. The BSE or IS are good but the Clarivue is really crystal clear.

04-16-09 11:07 PM
    Noresidue when you remove the Invisible Shield... BUT: The BSE above is the SAME protector at a fraction of the price. BSE sells a set of 2 protectors for about $7-8 shipped. Just follow their easy instructions, apply with some slightly soapy water. I had these on 2 Pearls for over 2 years, no problem at all. I have one on my 8900 (Full-body skin) straight out of the box.
    04-16-09 11:08 PM
    I had the BSE (same as the IS) and removed it without any residue. The Clarivie doesn't use any adhesive but out of the two I absolutely love the Clarivue 100% better. The BSE or IS are good but the Clarivue is really crystal clear.

Coll , I am awaiting my ultra clear clarivue for my 8900 and my g/f g1 now...Important note", I ordered a seidio screen guard from bargaincell on amazon which was actually an ikross protector from china ,prior to making the just to clarivue . Do not be misled into bargains from ebay and amazon unless someone refers them ... Could've saved myself 10 bucks , just passing along what Iam learning from my hard won experience....thanks to the forums I am not having to bump my head as much as I wouldve otherwise.
    04-16-09 11:22 PM
    There no good reason NOT to get a screen protector.
    04-16-09 11:25 PM

sweet! that will be my next screen cover.
    04-17-09 12:07 AM
    Thanks for the feedback boys. Do you know how many business days it will take for the Clarivue screen protector to come? I just tracked my javelin and it says my caretaker has signed for it. I'm super stoked and looking forward to opening it.
    04-17-09 12:49 AM
    I don't recall how long it took.... maybe a few days!!!
    04-17-09 08:18 AM
    I heard Rogers Curve 8900 is including the Aluminum battery door. WOOHOO!
    04-17-09 10:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD