Seems like the right button (camera default) has a 2-layer click. I keep my BB in my pocket and when I pull it out and accidentally touch the right button it wakes up the screen. Simply touching it produces a click and another click if pressed all the way down to open up the camer. Any input will be appreciated.

cheezz
    03-08-09 11:48 PM
    I find that the right side button is near impossible to activate from a pocket graze.. If anything I'd be closer to it not being sensitive enough.. I could recommend autostandby (or a like app) to put your bb into standby automatically and prevent accident button pushes, but honestly if the right button is giving you grief then I don't want to know the situation that the left button is giving you..
    03-08-09 11:57 PM
    The button on your right while looking at the device is a 2 stage button for the camera to focus, so that is intentional. I definitely recommend putting your device into stand-by mode before putting it in your pocket, manually or otherwise.
    03-09-09 12:04 AM
    The left button is okay. It' only the right button that irks me.
    Aristile: You are absolutely right. When I press and hold the button to the first click it does focus (showing the green rectangle) Pressing it to the second click snaps the pic instantaneously. Sheeesh! I learn something new everyday. Thanx, dude. You are very helpful in this forum.
    But I wish it wasn't that sensitve tho.
    BTW, I'm on .174 and I don't know if the camera behaved like this on the previous versions. Will do some testing again till I find the right one for me. Thanx, guys!

cheez
    03-09-09 12:42 AM
    The button has been a 2 stage camera button since the phone was released. Its not something new with the new OS.
    03-09-09 12:45 AM
    Never had an issue with the right side button I find myself pressing the left by accident often though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 12:52 AM
    I agree that the right button is a bit sensitive and easy to push when removing the phone from the holster. I guess its a matter of how you grab it.
    03-09-09 02:02 AM
    Never had an issue with the right side button I find myself pressing the left by accident often though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ....I do it all the time.
    03-09-09 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD