I have found a Storm forum where a couple of people have this problem with their storm. I have not dropped my device anywhere but on a rug, and today I noticed a squeeky noise on the bezel right around the left convenience key. This really makes me mad because I take great care of my phone. I do not have insurance on my phone with T-Mobile and I am very disappointed this is happening. Is/did anyone experience this problem? If so, has anyone found a solution? Would replacing the bezel help fix this? In the other forum someone suggested a warped bezel but that was the best response anyone has. I don't see how my bezel could have become warped? Plese someone out there have an answer for me!!!
    06-06-09 03:29 PM
    Am I really the only one experiencing this on my 8900?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 01:10 PM
    I got my phone on Friday and haven't had the problem. I'll stay subscribed to this post and let you know a week from now or so if I'm getting the same problem as you.
    06-08-09 01:14 PM
    RIM and verizon are replacing phones at no charge that have this issue. Happened to me twice. T-MO is probably doing the same thing
    06-08-09 01:23 PM
    I've had the phone since february with no insurance, you think they would just swap it?
    06-08-09 11:45 PM
    They might but then again I don't know it would be best to get insurance..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 01:18 AM
    Maybe warranty might cover it but good luck with that. And that's assuming you didn't void your warranty by customizing it?
    06-09-09 01:21 AM
    sorry, whats a bezel?
    06-09-09 01:25 AM
    KurtisBertolami,
    I have not experienced the same exact problem with the bezel in particular, but I have experienced 2 very similar situations.
    The top piece (where the mute and lock buttons are) once started to squeak if I would touch it or move it around, it was really annoying, but eventually went away from using it.
    And the volume buttons squeak almost all the time when I press on them.
    I just think the squeaking has to do with the way Blackberry built the 8900. To me they seem like cheap light plastic parts(I've opened my phone up), that could've had a little more quality when engineering the phone.
    Another good example would be how the whole keyboard is one piece and shifts around if you wiggle it, and the back door wiggling around.

I suggest you maybe massage it back into place until the squeaking stops, or just maybe get used to it.
    Oh yeah, and I DOUBT replacing the bezel would be a good idea.
    also if you are able to open up your curve try putting a very small amount of lube on the screws, or the tabs on the bezel that connect or touch to the housing of the phone.
    Last edited by javelinfan; 06-09-09 at 02:53 AM.
    06-09-09 02:47 AM
    I have not customized my phone. I think it actually is more of the side piece that moves in and out causing it to squeak. Then when I push on the bezel it kind of moves and squeaks again. I am just going to live with it. I just ordered an Incipio feather so I'm hoping it won't squeak with that on.
    06-10-09 11:44 PM
    Have you tried tightening the screws a tiny bit?
    06-10-09 11:58 PM
    I would try to tighten the screws... you can get to all of them except the top one with the sticker....dont remove that sticker!!
    06-11-09 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD