My speaker blew out of my original 8900 a few night ago. I called T-mobile and told them what had happened. The rep quickly said that my phone would need to be replaced, which I agreed to but explained that I had removed the red warranty sticker over the top left screw after my whole Best Skins Ever chrome bezel issue. She said that it didn't matter and that the only sticker was the water damage sticker. Today, I received my replacement phone. I don't want to send my phone then get charged because it doesn't have the sticker. Im almost 100% sure the rep didnt know what she was talking about.

The new phone has a warranty sticker yet I don't know if ts the same as the original one, since its been so long since I took it off. To avoid a problem and a headache, im thinking about removing the warranty sticker off the replacement and putting it on the phone I have to send back.

08-17-09 12:46 PM
    yes thats the same sticker i have on my 8900 which i bought about a month ago
    08-17-09 12:55 PM
    Yea, that's the same sticker. Might be a good idea to transfer it over.
    08-17-09 12:59 PM
    Yea, Im going to do it. I don't want to pay for her mistake. I was going to fight it since im sure our conversation was recorded but I can skip the battle. Now, all I need in a steady hand and a sharp blade....

Does it matter how I position it?
    08-17-09 01:09 PM
    Yea bro transfer it over and your good to go... Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:20 PM
    I say the same transfer it over but be careful about it these warranty can be very hard to remove i thought i could remove it like any other sticker and ripped it. So be very careful.
    08-17-09 01:39 PM
    i have the same one.. actually i took mine off and stored it in a safe place
    08-17-09 02:40 PM
    ok I have that sticker but no water damage one. can somone post a pic? my headphone jack is not working and the tmo rep said i might have to pay a deductible if i want a new phone...
    08-17-09 10:54 PM
    ok I have that sticker but no water damage one. can somone post a pic? my headphone jack is not working and the tmo rep said i might have to pay a deductible if i want a new phone...
    This should help:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/wa...ctures-194950/
    08-17-09 11:06 PM
    I am in the same predicament. I called TMO and asked for a replacement due to trackball issues and various other issues. I kept my original warranty sticker but line decided to get under it. When I put it on it doesnt stick very well and on top of that there is a dark red circle where the silver backing of the sticker came off. Should I be concerned or will RIM not care? Also, would it be wise to do the transfer from the new phone?
    10-19-09 10:21 PM
    I would swap the sticker just so you don't get declined for anything. They have no real way of knowing it was removed previously. Unlike say... the PS2 where the sticker read VOID all the way through if you pulled it off.
    10-20-09 01:28 AM
    the sticker is very easy to remove lol i jus touched it and the edge came up and its was off
    any one wanting to buy one? lol joking il never know when il need it
    10-20-09 03:17 AM
    Ok I guess I'll use the hairdryer/tweezers method to rip that sucker off of the new phone I get. The one I got on right now clearly looks tampered haha. I dont want to get charged esp when I can use that cash to buy a 9700.
    10-20-09 07:39 AM
    I didn't really need the hairdryer/tweezers, just be careful not to touch the sticky side, and be in a not overly dusty room.
    10-20-09 10:43 AM
    I transplanted it with the replacement berry. The replacement one already had some of the silver in the middle missing. You can hardly tell. The only thing is an edge is a LITTLE bent with me using the tweezer. Barely noticeable.
    10-21-09 04:58 PM
    i took mine off stored on on some wax paper in the back of my phone, and when i replaced the bezel a second time i seemed to have lost it, so now im screwed on that one lol
    10-21-09 07:49 PM
    I've heard that removing those stickers is like taking the tag off of a mattress. You will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD