i bought a t-mobile 8900 but i use ATT. the t-mobile logo is on the back of the phone, on the panel above the camera lens and flash. what would be the best way to physically remove the logo without damaging the body of the phone? CNN.cn doesn't make that part for the phone so i thought id give you guys an ask.

thanks for your help in advance!
    02-23-09 01:09 AM
    As far as I know you can't change that part of the phone, yet. I'm sure when that part becomes available, cnn will have it.
    02-23-09 01:12 AM
    would something like alcohol or nail polish remover help get it off?
    02-23-09 01:15 AM
    The logo is under the glass/plastic, so no.
    02-23-09 01:16 AM
    I don't think anything will work unless you replace that piece itself. Other than that you're pretty much stuck with the T-Mobile sign. Good luck if you try anything...
    02-23-09 04:14 AM
    Decal Girl Now sells skins for the 8900's if you like skins its an opttion to cover up the logo
    02-23-09 06:21 AM
    Maybe if you replace the camera... seems a little extreme for something you don't look at everyday.
    02-23-09 06:48 AM
    ahhh i didnt know it was under the glass. yea maybe ill swap out the glass when CNN.cn comes out with one. i just didnt feel like seeing t-mobile sign on the phone

you know us phone people.....were a bit OCD when it comes to our babies
    02-23-09 11:03 AM
    My phone didn't come with that part at all. I hope cnn sorts that out quickly.
    03-25-09 04:32 PM
    ahhh i didnt know it was under the glass. yea maybe ill swap out the glass when CNN.cn comes out with one. i just didnt feel like seeing t-mobile sign on the phone

The innocase II covers it up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 04:34 PM
    i bought a t-mobile 8900 but i use ATT. the t-mobile logo is on the back of the phone, on the panel above the camera lens and flash. what would be the best way to physically remove the logo without damaging the body of the phone? CNN.cn doesn't make that part for the phone so i thought id give you guys an ask.

thanks for your help in advance!
    Just move over to T-Mobile, they will be glad to have you. The Logo matches and it's more stylish..
    03-25-09 05:29 PM
    Yeah you miles well just buy a new bezel case instead of being mcguyver

03-25-09 07:00 PM
    Try Liquid Paper... :P
    03-25-09 10:07 PM
    Move to t-mobile
    Other options is innocase II covers it, or you could try and paint over the top of it. (I personally wouldnt try to paint over it, but you might have better painting skills then me), but then agian i have no reason to paint over it, i have innocase II but also i have t-mobile.
    03-26-09 12:34 AM
    Where Can I Find Innocase 11
    03-26-09 03:06 AM
    Send it to ColorWare!
    03-26-09 04:33 AM
    03-26-09 07:40 AM

Hi,
    it isn't under the glass. It's only a gluing plastic part. You can test it careful by your fingernail.

Kind regards from Germany

Stefan
    03-26-09 09:28 AM
    Yes it is under the glass.....
    03-26-09 09:38 AM
    Hi,
    it isn't under the glass. It's only a gluing plastic part. You can test it careful by your fingernail.

Kind regards from Germany

Stefan
    Like he said it is a plastic window with rather tough glue. I can confirm it as I try to pry open, I managed to peek the Flashlight LED under it.

I guess the best option is to find an OEM Dummy phone to replace it with or use magic marker and paint it black.

Personally, I hate the branding of phones. If we are paying for it, why can't they just give unmodified version???
    04-28-09 01:53 AM
    Most people don't pay Full Retail for a phone....hence the branding

That said I hate it too....
    04-28-09 08:46 AM
    I don't like it but I got my 8900 for 50 with the baller upgrade. Ill deal with the branding. I hate itn but not enough to pay full price to not have it lol

04-28-09 12:59 PM
    Most people don't pay Full Retail for a phone....hence the branding

That said I hate it too....
    I couldn't agree more!

ClintRo,

Since ur at "genius" status, thought I'd ask for some help.

I have 8900 with T-zones (5.99) plan and can browse web, Gmaps works etc.
    I went to My T-mobile settings and setup the Blackberry Internet mail. Changed the device etc. Tried sending service books, still no email... What gives? Oh, I tried the registration for Host Routing Table, still no entries in it...

Care to point me in right direction?
    04-29-09 10:02 PM
    I don't think you will get push email w/o the blackberry plan.

04-29-09 10:05 PM
    So, where is my email going after setting up on t-mobile's web site? I mean, they gave a link for "Set up BlackBerry Internet e-mail >"...?

Lost here
    04-29-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD